New Member in ATL area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJitty

Reaction score
Hey everyone. First post. Getting educated in everything Raptor. I am Getting close on making a purchase of a 2020 802A Raptor. But what I find interesting is that here in Georgia, there are several used Raptors, fully loaded, average miles and appear to be clean. Yet they are sitting on the used lots for 60, 90 and well past 100+ days?! Typically that means you can seriously negotiate but what success have any of you had with buying a used Raptor and negotiating down with one sitting on the lot? Just seems odd to me for them to be sitting. Is Demand falling off? Folks waiting for 2021-2022 version? What's the deal?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck on the purchase. Hard to say and is probably a combination of some new trickling out, high cost of gas, just a lot of used inventory at the moment in your area. It’s not like that down here. You won’t even find that much in used but a handful of Ford trucks on a dealers lot. And I’m sure there marked up sky high.

Go down and bargain with those dealers. If they won’t budge on price, that’s why they are sitting most likely.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. I've never heard of Raptors sitting for that long. That dealer must be holding out with very high pricing. I agree with @K223 go try and make a deal with them. Where I live, there are so many raptors on the road, hasn't been any at dealers for months, the demand is high for them. @MurderedOutSVT lives in Georgia, maybe he knows the dealer you seen those at?

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, there are usually 3-4 Raptors on the used lots in Athens. I suspect lease trade ins or something to do with the snobby college kids getting a new ride. I did see a '21 on the lot in Loganville over the weekend

Welcome to FRF, where at in the ATL are ya?

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. I've never heard of Raptors sitting for that long. That dealer must be holding out with very high pricing. I agree with @K223 go try and make a deal with them. Where I live, there are so many raptors on the road, hasn't been any at dealers for months, the demand is high for them. @MurderedOutSVT lives in Georgia, maybe he knows the dealer you seen those at?
I’m here in atl too, the ones I’ve seen are typically 2-3 years old and priced very high. I’m assuming it’s because ppl are waiting on the new new …like me. With used prices being at an all time high, these dealers are trying to cash in. To me it’s as simple as that. Trucks are wildly popular down here, there is no lack of demand or desire…probably just folks wanting the latest and the greatest.

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, there are usually 3-4 Raptors on the used lots in Athens. I suspect lease trade ins or something to do with the snobby college kids getting a new ride. I did see a '21 on the lot in Loganville over the weekend

Welcome to FRF, where at in the ATL are ya?
How much were they asking on the 21? What’s the dealership? Thanks!

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much were they asking on the 21? What’s the dealership? Thanks!
I didn't stop to get the price or get tempted to buy it, I was on the way home. Its a LFG at Loganville Ford on hwy 78

Akins in Winder had a black and a red about 2 weeks ago, don't know if the are still there

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't stop to get the price or get tempted to buy it, I was on the way home. Its a LFG at Loganville Ford on hwy 78

Akins in Winder had a black and a red about 2 weeks ago, don't know if the are still there
Just at or above msrp looks like, but Black

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score