New member here, have questions on buying used 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deblas

Reaction score
Hey all!!

Looking to become an official member of the Raptors Owners Club soon but have a some questions about two 2019 Raptor's (802A) I'm looking at, regarding the "Carfax" report.
Aside from the normal "car maintenance and title type reporting" there are a few items listed by Ford Motor relating to satifaction programs or service bulletins. I'll list them below, but what I can't determine is if these have been completed or are still outstanding and need to be done, specially as it relates to the phaser concerns.

Here are those entries and thanks for any help you can offer:

Truck 1
10/01/2019 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issued Program #19N06 DOOR LATCH FREEZING CONCERNS

06/30/2021 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Progra
Program #20M04 POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR FAILURE

09/13/2021 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issue
Program #21N08 PCM REPROGRAM DUE TO ENGINE SHUDDER

01/28/2022 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issued
Program #21N03 CAM PHASERS

05/20/2022 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issued
Program #21M06 UNINTENDED TAILGATE OPENING

Truck 2

10/01/2019 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 19N06
Warranty Extension - Single Repair: DOOR LATCH FREEZING

06/30/2021 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 20M04
Customer Satisfaction Program - Multi Repair: POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR FAILURE

09/13/2021 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 21N08
Warranty Extension - Single Repair: PCM REPROGRAM DUE TO ENGINE SHUDDER

03/08/2022 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 21N03
Warranty Extension - Single Repair: CAM PHASERS

05/20/2022 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 21M06
Customer Satisfaction Program - Multi Repair: UNINTENDED TAILGATE OPENING

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me those were IF they were to go bad Ford would cover them. I wouldn't as much worry about those more worry about if it is an off road beater. Be careful.

OP
OP
D

deblas

Reaction score
Thanks 2020.....yep...looking for the pavement princess for sure.
This is not a need to purchase, but a want to purchase. I have no urgency in the matter.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey all!!

Looking to become an official member of the Raptors Owners Club soon but have a some questions about two 2019 Raptor's (802A) I'm looking at, regarding the "Carfax" report.
Aside from the normal "car maintenance and title type reporting" there are a few items listed by Ford Motor relating to satifaction programs or service bulletins. I'll list them below, but what I can't determine is if these have been completed or are still outstanding and need to be done, specially as it relates to the phaser concerns.

Here are those entries and thanks for any help you can offer:

Truck 1
10/01/2019 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issued Program #19N06 DOOR LATCH FREEZING CONCERNS

06/30/2021 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Progra
Program #20M04 POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR FAILURE

09/13/2021 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issue
Program #21N08 PCM REPROGRAM DUE TO ENGINE SHUDDER

01/28/2022 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issued
Program #21N03 CAM PHASERS

05/20/2022 Ford Motor Company Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction Program issued
Program #21M06 UNINTENDED TAILGATE OPENING

Truck 2

10/01/2019 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 19N06
Warranty Extension - Single Repair: DOOR LATCH FREEZING

06/30/2021 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 20M04
Customer Satisfaction Program - Multi Repair: POWER DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR FAILURE

09/13/2021 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 21N08
Warranty Extension - Single Repair: PCM REPROGRAM DUE TO ENGINE SHUDDER

03/08/2022 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 21N03
Warranty Extension - Single Repair: CAM PHASERS

05/20/2022 Manufacturer MANUFACTURER SERVICE BULLETIN RECALL 21M06
Customer Satisfaction Program - Multi Repair: UNINTENDED TAILGATE OPENING

These are standard fare across the F150 line.

door locks can freeze; I understand that water gets into the door, freezes up the mechanism. The’ve been at mine twice and I’ve not had the problem.

cam phasers: you get a re-program to PREVENT onset of symptoms, it will not FIX preexisting symptoms. The cam phaser can fail to “park” correctly on shutdown. at cold soak startup, you get the marbles in a can sound for 3-5 seconds. The warranty is extended for this issue, newest part revision was released I think in April of 2019 and trucks made after that time have the newest parts which address the issue.

tailgate opening is new-ish one, the harness can get wet I believe and short, causing the tailgate to drop unexpectedly. I believe another memo is going to be released on this.

For tailgate opening, you have to complain about it. for phasers, you get the reprogram, and they extend the warranty (that period has expired, the truck either has the extended phaser warranty or it doesn’t now) and I think the latest door lock issue is by request as well.

OP
OP
D

deblas

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys.
So these items being listed on those reports do not necessarily mean the work was performed?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. The dates are identical on both trucks. For a couple of them anyways.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are standard fare across the F150 line.

door locks can freeze; I understand that water gets into the door, freezes up the mechanism. The’ve been at mine twice and I’ve not had the problem.

cam phasers: you get a re-program to PREVENT onset of symptoms, it will not FIX preexisting symptoms. The cam phaser can fail to “park” correctly on shutdown. at cold soak startup, you get the marbles in a can sound for 3-5 seconds. The warranty is extended for this issue, newest part revision was released I think in April of 2019 and trucks made after that time have the newest parts which address the issue.

tailgate opening is new-ish one, the harness can get wet I believe and short, causing the tailgate to drop unexpectedly. I believe another memo is going to be released on this.

For tailgate opening, you have to complain about it. for phasers, you get the reprogram, and they extend the warranty (that period has expired, the truck either has the extended phaser warranty or it doesn’t now) and I think the latest door lock issue is by request as well.

its actually october or november of 2019 that have the newest phasers...

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

deblas

Reaction score
Nope. The dates are identical on both trucks. For a couple of them anyways.

Great observation.....I missed that and to me thats what I needed to know.
I wonder if a Ford dealer would be inclined to provide any service info from the VIN?