New member, Gen 2 owner but will sell soon, gen 3 should arrive in next 4 weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elkkhunter

Reaction score
My crapy Ford 6.0 diesel died for the 3rd time, spent over $15,000 so don’t think I want to spend 15-20k to fix a third time (complete new engine).

purchased a Gen 2 nice rig, like it but ordered Gen three hoping the screen larger size will help me see without glass when parking since picture ahould be a
ab twice that on 8” screen. If it weren’t for 12” screen I would stay with the gen
n2, lov the gen two, clean, rust free.

2Bulls

Reaction score
You say your new truck will arrive in 4 weeks, how long of a wait was it for you?
I am still waiting on my VIN #; ordered my Raptor on February 10,2022. Dealer is telling me that I will probably get bumped up to a 2023 and to expect a wait time of another 4-6 months.
Anyone have any thoughts?

OP
OP
Elkkhunter

Elkkhunter

Reaction score
Pretty standard, Gen 3 is Silver 35” Hi package, sunroof, pwr, bed spray liner, eng heater. It is built but on chip hold, need to see how long that last.

My gen3 It was ordered November 8, 2021

and of course got stuck with 1.5% higher interest since then and a $5,000 increase in MSRP. So it turns out, it would have been cheaper for me to have purchased a Gen 3 last February 2022 at $10,000 over MSRP, due to increased MSRP and sales tax on trade.

Live and learn. I thought MSRP was price protected but dealer never charged order to customer order so no Price protection.

So essentially paying MSRP +$5,000 from what it was priced when I put my deposit down.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You put some bead locks on it? Well I guess you plan to enjoy it for how long it may take to get the Gen 3. So a ‘23? I wonder if they will bother with a refresh. Another year after and Gen IV’s a coming.

OP
OP
Elkkhunter

Elkkhunter

Reaction score
I took off the factory bead lock capable wheels, and put on the factory cast aluminum wheels, just like them better. When I sell it once I get the Gen 2, buy can have their choice of which wheels they want on it.