New Member - from Tampa, FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer service departments will often try and up sell unnecessary services to increase their bottom line. To determine what services you actually need, refer to the Owner’s Manual. The only required service at 30k (outside of normal oil change & Multi point inspection intervals) is to replace the air filter. These trucks are not equipped with a serviceable fuel filter. The transmission should never be flushed, however the fluid and filter change interval is 150k miles under normal driving conditions. The coolant replacement interval is 100k miles.

Ford offers a promo through their Quick Lane centers called the works; this is what you actually need. You can upgrade to synthetic oil (recommended) for slightly more:

upload_2021-3-23_12-19-19.jpeg

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Never, as already mentioned by FordTechOne, ever flush the transmission unless you want a new one.

Personally I feel that the transmission fluid should be drained and filled at 30,000 miles and the oil again and filter should be changed at 60,000 miles.

You could let the transmission oil go until 60,000 miles but if you don't drain and fill it by then you're probably better off never changing it.

Just my opinion.

Comish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased my Raptor from my uncle. Meticulously maintained as his daily driver. I just passed the 35k mark and the oil is at 11% life remaining.

So, not wanting to screw up my sweet ride, I surfed to the closest Ford dealer for an oil change. Below is what I was quoted. Can someone tell me if this is necessary? Seems overly excessively OCD, as I've never heard of all these fluids needing changed at 35k miles.
Was it Brandon Ford!?

OP
OP
TampaRaptor2017
Reaction score
Was it Brandon Ford!?
No.

I originally called Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel. They quoted that $799 price.

I called Brandon Ford after reading the forum, just to see what their price is. They suggest this be done as well, and charge $429.

So almost $400 difference for being closer to home.

Comish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No.

I called Brandon Ford after reading the forum, just to see what their price is. They suggest this be done as well, and charge $429.

For That price, were they so kind as to offer curbside pick-up, delivery, and a loaner vehicle? It's starting to sound like you accidentally called Audi. At least That's how I feel whenever I send my wife's Q7 for service.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No.

If you are up for a drive to daytona i can knock out all that stuff as long you supply materials. $400 for an oil change is crazy. at the end of the day thats likely all they would have done anyway. I wouldnt ever touch a tranny unless...nope never... hahaha