New Member - from Tampa, FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased my Raptor from my uncle. Meticulously maintained as his daily driver. I just passed the 35k mark and the oil is at 11% life remaining.

So, not wanting to screw up my sweet ride, I surfed to the closest Ford dealer for an oil change. Below is what I was quoted. Can someone tell me if this is necessary? Seems overly excessively OCD, as I've never heard of all these fluids needing changed at 35k miles.

The price for your 35k mile service depends on if you completed your flushes at 30k miles. Please see the options below:
-30k mile service: $799.95 oil change, tire rotation, inspection of belts and hoses, engine air filter, cabin air filter, coolant flush, transmission flush, fuel induction service, fuel filter, inspection of exhaust, inspection of suspension, multi-point inspection (tires, brakes, etc.)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. COngrats on the raptor, but we need pics or its a Prius! Fuckkk that dealer!! Just get an oil and filter change and tire rotation and make sure they rotate the tires according to the manual. Read up a bit more on transmission flush's before you have that done. At 30, 000 miles, if its been babied, you shouldn't need brakes or tires yet. Tires maybe if they haven't been rotated properly, but don't pay for looking at them, ugghhhh. An idiot can change an air filter by themselves, you can look and see if its dirty and pick one up for half the price at any other auto supplier. Fuel injection service is not needed yet, money grabs!!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PS: there's a few members in your area that I am sure would help you look over your Raptor and determine what is really needed.

OP
OP
TampaRaptor2017
Reaction score
For ***** and giggles, I called another dealer. They offered/suggested the same package but for $429. Huge difference. But if it’s not needed, it’s not happening.

I doubt this thing was ever taken off road, unless it was to go to an outdoor shooting range. Definitely wasn’t taken to the desert and jumped. Nor jumped, period.

thanks for the replies. Just love this truck and don’t want to **** up anything.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get your oil change and tire rotation, that will keep it under warranty. You can do the simple stuff yourself or start new threads about how to change your air filter, people will bug you for it on here but they will help you out with whatever you need. We're a bunch of sarcastic bastards, lol.