New member from Sacramento, CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rybread

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I am new to the forum and am planning on buying a Raptor next year sometime. I am still doing a lot of home work on whether I will get a gen 2 or gen 3.
I like the looks of the Gen 2 over Gen 3, however the looks of the gen 3 in some colors has grown on me.
I also think that some of the little upgrades on the gen 3 give the truck a more premium feel compared to the gen 2. If im going to be spending a large amount on a truck, id like it to have the premium features that a truck of this caliber offers.
I have yet to drive one but that is next on my list. There are several dealers around me with preowned models of both generations.
I am curious to see how seat comfort compares between generations, as well as ride quality between the gen 2 leaf packs and the gen 3 five link suspension.
I definitely want the heated seats and heated steering wheel in my life.
I like the larger display unit on the new sync unit in the gen 3's, as well as the fancy dash, however it is not a necessity, again though if im paying top dollar, they're nice feature to have.
Im also curious about road noise, i saw in a review that the gen 3 added more rubber to the door seals, and im curious to see if there is a noticable difference.

I plan on daily driving for work and trips on the weekends with some off-roading for fun.
There is tons of info on here, and it seems like a really helpful place.
For now ill continue drooling and obsessing.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my Gen3. Gen2 is cheaper and still a very nice truck but the Gen3 is super duper nice. Wind noise is there but not over-kill. 2023 trucks seem to loose heated steering wheel and seats I guess. I think you're gonna see allot of used Gen3 popping up though as Raptor R buyers start to get their trucks and the economy is set to fall into a recession for people that bought above their own means. Bottom line... test drive both and buy what you like and can afford.

Best of luck

-Keith

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you test drive a few of each model you're looking at if you can. The first Raptor I test drove was a gen 2 and it felt totally different than the gen 3 I have. However, dealerships around me are not really willing to let anyone test drive a brand new gen 3 without showing some type of commitment.

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in my 2019 Limited for a 2019 Raptor 802A package. The Limited is the top of the line luxury F-150 trim. The 802A package for the Gen 2 puts all the features and luxury of the Limited into the Raptor. The Gen 3 can be ordered the same way - the top package is a high lux package. (801 package for Gen 3?) The Raptor can range from basic to high lux depending on the package and I think Ford has really done a great job - the interior is much better than anything GM offers - even the Denali or High Country. It compares favorably with RAM - These trucks are as nice as the nicest European high end lux vehicles if they are configured that way. My father in law has a brand new BMW 750 and my Limited/Raptor is as nice as that car. Ford did a great job.

The Gen 3 is nicer - no doubt - from a technology standpoint. The Gen 3 interior is a tech upgrade over the Gen 2. Will you notice the ride and suspension difference? - I doubt it.

But right now, like last Saturday. I got an 2019 with a high lux 802A package with about 30K miles in perfect condition for about $30,000 to $45,000 less than getting a new Gen 3. So for me - the Gen 3 is nicer but not $30,000 to $45,000 nicer...

Your opinion may differ. (IMO the front end of the Gen 2 looks better than the Gen 3...)

1671731917229.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rybread

Rybread

Reaction score
morning..........

it doesnt get cold enough in sac for a heated steering wheel

Haha, you are right, but have you experienced the pleasures of a heated steering wheel on cold mornings? Its a very lovely feeling lol

I traded in my 2019 Limited for a 2019 Raptor 802A package. The Limited is the top of the line luxury F-150 trim. The 802A package for the Gen 2 puts all the features and luxury of the Limited into the Raptor. The Gen 3 can be ordered the same way - the top package is a high lux package. (801 package for Gen 3?) The Raptor can range from basic to high lux depending on the package and I think Ford has really done a great job - the interior is much better than anything GM offers - even the Denali or High Country. It compares favorably with RAM - These trucks are as nice as the nicest European high end lux vehicles if they are configured that way. My father in law has a brand new BMW 750 and my Limited/Raptor is as nice as that car. Ford did a great job.

The Gen 3 is nicer - no doubt - from a technology standpoint. The Gen 3 interior is a tech upgrade over the Gen 2. Will you notice the ride and suspension difference? - I doubt it.

But right now, like last Saturday. I got an 2019 with a high lux 802A package with about 30K miles in perfect condition for about $30,000 to $45,000 less than getting a new Gen 3. So for me - the Gen 3 is nicer but not $30,000 to $45,000 nicer...

Your opinion may differ. (IMO the front end of the Gen 2 looks better than the Gen 3...)
She's a beaut, my dad has a 21 bronco and I really like the interior of that, I notice the 2nd gen raptors have some similar looks. Next week i'll plan to hit a few dealers to do some test drives.
I'm currently in a 2018 Tundra and its nice, but its no where near premium. Im ready for some luxury in my life

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I am new to the forum and am planning on buying a Raptor next year sometime. I am still doing a lot of home work on whether I will get a gen 2 or gen 3.
I like the looks of the Gen 2 over Gen 3, however the looks of the gen 3 in some colors has grown on me.
I also think that some of the little upgrades on the gen 3 give the truck a more premium feel compared to the gen 2. If im going to be spending a large amount on a truck, id like it to have the premium features that a truck of this caliber offers.
I have yet to drive one but that is next on my list. There are several dealers around me with preowned models of both generations.
I am curious to see how seat comfort compares between generations, as well as ride quality between the gen 2 leaf packs and the gen 3 five link suspension.
I definitely want the heated seats and heated steering wheel in my life.
I like the larger display unit on the new sync unit in the gen 3's, as well as the fancy dash, however it is not a necessity, again though if im paying top dollar, they're nice feature to have.
Im also curious about road noise, i saw in a review that the gen 3 added more rubber to the door seals, and im curious to see if there is a noticable difference.

I plan on daily driving for work and trips on the weekends with some off-roading for fun.
There is tons of info on here, and it seems like a really helpful place.
For now ill continue drooling and obsessing.
Welcome!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!

#StillTheSameNumberOfprius

Good luck with the search. A well loved Jen Too will serve you well as you decide on whether the extra $$ for a Jen Tres is needed.