New Member - First Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T8ter

Reaction score
Hey, all! I’ve always wanted a Raptor, but budget or timing never worked for me. I called at least 20 dealers before order banks opened in the summer and had no luck trying to get ahead of the game. I gave up and started looking at TRXs, but felt like I would be ‘settling’ so I didn’t do it. A month ago I was picking my work truck up from the dealer after a service and I spotted a Gen 3 fresh off the semi. It was still there a week later. I told the ol’ lady I was going to go look at it and see the inside (honestly did not plan on buying as they were asking $10k ADM). Salesman tossed me the keys, told me to try it out, asked for my license, and 2 miles later I was sold.

Attachments

• 04D681D4-17F8-4F0D-810D-FC84C2E5BB95.jpeg
    04D681D4-17F8-4F0D-810D-FC84C2E5BB95.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 47

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow that’s some story! Timing is everything and that truck sitting there a week later had your name on it. Worked out pretty good in the end for sure. Nice truck! Enjoy it.

OP
OP
T

T8ter

Reaction score
Wow that’s some story! Timing is everything and that truck sitting there a week later had your name on it. Worked out pretty good in the end for sure. Nice truck! Enjoy it.
Thank you! The manager told me they wanted to keep it local and that they had turned down quite a few offers from out of towners. The sales person that emailed me back specifically asked where I was coming from before I went to look at it so I believe it to be true.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! The manager told me they wanted to keep it local and that they had turned down quite a few offers from out of towners. The sales person that emailed me back specifically asked where I was coming from before I went to look at it so I believe it to be true.
No doubt, this truck was to be yours. Enjoy the hell out of it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. I’m glad to be here. Not the $10,000 ADM. I got them down to $1,500 over and they gave me $4,000 more for my trade than what I bought it new for in 2019.
That’s not so bad! Glad your dream came true! Have fun with it and post your adventures on here!

lobsterman

Reaction score
New member and first post. Ordered 22 35” code orange on 10/15. Dealer told me mid January delivery. I hope so but won’t be surprised if it’s Later. Btw was told msrp. Also love all the info everyone has shared.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New member and first post. Ordered 22 35” code orange on 10/15. Dealer told me mid January delivery. I hope so but won’t be surprised if it’s Later. Btw was told msrp. Also love all the info everyone has shared.
Welcome and pre congrats. Start a fresh thread when you get it and post pics!