New Member Checking In from NorCal - Looking at Lighting Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sloracer

Reaction score
Finally got into a Raptor after talking about it for a decade... Feeling pretty lucky to find one used that was well looked after. Stoked to learn more about the truck and start working on it. This place is gonna be a great resource and way too much motivation to change stuff that I don't really need to change!

Looking at lighting options, I like the 3 lights on the sides of the Gen 2 front bumpers as a start, love the light bar below the rear license plate that someone posted photos of and ever since reading that my stock wheels look like "snowflakes" I've been looking at wheel options... but first lighting and wiring the upfitter switches...

Raptor.jpg

Last edited:

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of Exterior Illumination! You’re going to find a lot of thoughts and opinions on the subject. I went a more budget oriented route and went with Rough County for my needs. You’ll see a big push for Baja Design and Ridged Lights from vendors (we have a lot of good vendors). The trick is finding what matches your needs with your budget. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

8DC88C58-359E-4AE6-9D44-BF02B8460A43.jpeg CEE99723-136F-44AE-8D5E-24F922434B3A.jpeg 0C6819B3-5A0B-47AF-93C7-AA93484255A2.jpeg F154D7DF-670F-48FE-B535-AB1D2AAB2197.jpeg 8AB559D5-42F0-49A6-95CB-2955C7C31E5B.jpeg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Good looking truck. Lights lights lights. Hours of talk. Basically if you want a pair to be legal to run on the street all the time to help your headlights out, get a set of SAE’s. Wide cornering can work to, but not street legal. Still you can just aim them down more as to not blind people. I’m also a fan of ambers and they work well in the rain or snow or to let people know your coming. I like these in wide cornering. The driving combo is great all around for near and far illumination purposes. Forget about on road use with these. Spots are great to really reach out far. Problem is spots down low in the bumper pockets, don’t do the job that well in projecting out.

Another great option to own the night is a light bar. The behind the grill BD S8 kit is killer. There are other options you can find as well. Depending on budget and needs.

Enjoy that truck!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on a beautiful Raptor. Use any of the vendors on here, usually get a better deal here than paying retail. Good luck.

ddubdb3

Reaction score
Congrats on the buy great color choice I just picked up my leadfoot a few months back. Where in NorCal you located? I’m local as well.

I purchased a kit from offroad alliance. 6 light bezel kit. I chose this because it looks the most “complete” to me. The bezel helps it look proper and in place as I feel other kits that just put lights in the bumper look like they are there just to fill a void.

OP
OP
Sloracer

Sloracer

Reaction score
Congrats on the buy great color choice I just picked up my leadfoot a few months back. Where in NorCal you located? I’m local as well.

I purchased a kit from offroad alliance. 6 light bezel kit. I chose this because it looks the most “complete” to me. The bezel helps it look proper and in place as I feel other kits that just put lights in the bumper look like they are there just to fill a void.

I'm in the South Bay - After reading thru some lighting forum posts I was literally looking at the exact kit as well because of how finished the bezel looks - what lights did you decide on?

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I'm in the East Bay. Did a trip to Hungry Valley off the grapevine this weekend. First true test of the truck and it blew me away. I thought a couple times I was going to break it when the whoops looked shallower than I thought. We did a couple night trips while there. I also did the Off-road Alliance kit with Baja Pros. They worked great.

I may add the 40-inch SPV light bar that rides above the bumper soon with minimal modifications. https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...017-2019-40-led-light-bar-kit-for-2017-raptor

ddubdb3

Reaction score
I'm in the South Bay - After reading thru some lighting forum posts I was literally looking at the exact kit as well because of how finished the bezel looks - what lights did you decide on?
I got the kit with the rigid industries radiance lights and Baja s1 ambers. If I could do it again I would have went with Baja design squadrons. The radiance lights really aren’t that bright. I added some a pillar pods and that made a huge difference at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very timely question. I just ordered and received a GREAT set-up from 4x4truckLEDs.com (see link).

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights-pro/

This is a SICK set-up. I went with all BD Squadron Pros:

• Squadron Pro Driving/Combo
    Squadron Pro Wide Cornering
    Squadron Pro Spot

Adam was awesome to work with. I pm'd him what my needs were and he recommended something different than what I was originally thinking. HE WAS RIGHT AND I AM SO GLAD I REACHED OUT! I pm'd him the moment I placed the order and he immediately responded and pulled the order so that it was ready before UPS came that day. No regrets at all. I have been slammed at work, so I haven't posted my recommendation to the FRF community yet, but I will.

Seriously, this set-up is the way to go if you do any off-roading. The included mounting brackets are EXTREMELY adjustable.