New member Charleston, SC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The likelihood of finding a 37 pkg at MSRP this late in the summer, would be a heck of a find sir. My order was submitted back in June and I still don’t have a vin/build date…
"I don't mark up to SVTP members, so it would be for MSRP spec'd to how you want it."

Guess I got lucky. I got everything but the stickers and moonroof at MSRP. I went through the SVTP Forum dealer. Truck built on website was right at 83,145.00

Edit...and engine block heater..don't need that down here.

Last edited:

Rico2

Reaction score
Retired Navy in Charleston now working at Bosch making and testing injectors. Long time Ford Fan as this will be my 9th Ford(6 Mustangs) and 3rd F150. Just built and ordered my 21 Raptor in Antimatter blue, Ford accepted today. Not sure what comes next but sure it will feel like an eternity. Got the Raptor at MSRP and get to keep my 18 F150 till I take possession of the 21. I got every option other than the stickers and moon roofs. Not a fan of either to be honest. Not wanting to change much but I tend to go a little overboard with the stereo. Looking forward to learning a little bit more about the truck and always nice to make a few more friends. -Shane
Congrats on the new purchase and build! Welcome to FRF!

OP
OP
Shane361

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
O_O. Story time with Shane. I'm here for it.
Sadly nothing exhilarating! Happy to report nothing crazy every happened under my supervision. Spent 10 years on shore duty at Mineshops(Underwater Mines) and 10 years on Sea Duty. Stationed on Coastal Minehunters and Minesweepers. Mineman are the definition of Jack of All Trades on those ships. I've been to 2m school, weapon schools, SONAR school, tons of schools for equipment in CIC and ran that division a year or two. Once I got into the Amory it was my place to be due to lack of experience in the field. Spent most of time in Charleston, SC, Sicily, Ingleside, Tx, San, Diego and did 4 trips of 3 years to Bahrain. Never want to go back to Bahrain aka "tip of the spear". I'll share a few pics...I was on the Heavy Lift ship that took our two Minehunter from Ingleside, Tx to Bahrain. An interesting trip being piggy backed on a Heavy Lift ship. We had just gotten dropped off in Bahrain when the USS Cole got hit and 17 Sailors died, RIP. The same ship came back to pick them up and take them to Gulfport. The next is our MNV or Mine Neutralization Vehicle. It's tethered for power and transits like a sub to the Mine like Object. We can identify the object with cameras. We can cut the cable if it's a moored mine or place a bomblet next to it if it's a bottom mine. Next is a Minesweeper, we got rid of the Hunters..which are actually newer...just a bad design. You see all the sweep gear on the back. The yellow thingy is the SONAR. There is a hole in the ship that allows the SONAR to go down into the water. We have detect and classify which use to hunt for Mines. Being a set-up Mechanic at Bosch pays well and it's easy money but sure is boring. No ups and downs like the Military for excitement.

Here's an article the once wrote on our shop and me in the picture.

Attachments

• 1450277_10152019121840928_1555156349_n.jpg
    1450277_10152019121840928_1555156349_n.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 12
  • mine-neutralization-vehicle-mnv-an-slq-48-aboard-the-avenger-class-mine-countermeasures-ship-u...jpg
    mine-neutralization-vehicle-mnv-an-slq-48-aboard-the-avenger-class-mine-countermeasures-ship-u...jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Sweep.PNG
    Sweep.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • SQQ-30_Sonar.gif
    SQQ-30_Sonar.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 11

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I don't mark up to SVTP members, so it would be for MSRP spec'd to how you want it."

Guess I got lucky. I got everything but the stickers and moonroof at MSRP. I went through the SVTP Forum dealer. Truck built on website was right at 83,145.00

Edit...and engine block heater..don't need that down here.

Congrats on finding a great deal! I got mine for MSRP as well: $81,575. I selected no moonroof, but did select an engine block heater since I live in Montana ;)