New Member Australia | Dangerously braking / locking up for no reason | MY19 Ranger Raptor 2.0L 10 S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the opportunity. I'm in Australia and not sure where to post this for assistance please.

Last Wednesday for the 6th time my Ranger Raptor has locked up while I was driving at 80km/hr.

I got whiplash and recovered fairly well over the last few days. I was speaking to a friend at the time on speaker who heard the brakes squeal and I have a video recording from the exact time of the event.

I've had my mechanics look into it a few times but they can't figure it out. They asked me to record it and I now have. Unfortunately I can't attach a video here so have included two screen shots.

Has anyone else come across this or know why it happens? Obviously it's very dangerous and I deem it unsafe for the mechanic to test drive.

Please reply with any information you may have. Thank you.
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.31.11 pm.png Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.31.24 pm.png

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello

Ford doesn't sell the Ranger Raptor in north America so there limited info on the forum for now.

You can up load the video on YouTube and copy and paste the link in your post.

Have you plugged in a OBD II scanner in to see if any codes are showing?
And were you able to see if it down shifted or you believe only the brakes were activated?

With the Gen 1 Raptors (2010-2014)
the Hill descent error message has been thrown because of water in the third brake light and shorting out.

Honestly you need to bring it in to a Ford dealer and let them figure it out.

Keep us updated and good luck.