New Member and trying to be a Raptor owner but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gotti006

Reaction score
First let me say thanks for the many threads and knowledge on the board. I’ve been lurking for a week or so just reading and trying to learn as much as I can. I initially narrowed my search to an 18 or 19 802A. The first one I found in NJ sold before I could set up financing. The 2nd one I located which I think was the 2nd best deal, a 2019 802A with moonroof and carbon fiber is in NC but the dealership is terrible.

Has anyone ever dealt with Fred Anderson Toyota in Sanford? My credit union has waited 2 days for them to send the purchase order over. I called all day and nobody answers or responds to messages. I’m off on my 3rd quest and this ones in Boston. It’s an 18 and mirrors the 19.

I’m here for opinions to those that have more knowledge than me.

I really wanted the 2019 in NC. Is there much difference between the 18 & 19? The 19 lists for 59k plus $4,600 in taxes and fees plus $600 delivery fee. 13k miles.

2018 lists for 55K and has everything the 19 has and only 1k more miles.

What say you?

Thanks, and oh yeah, TLDR sorry not sorry.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!

’19 and up get the fancy electronic Fox shocks, and as you see isn’t cheap.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost bought an 18 when I was in the market last year. I ended up with a 19 and so glad I did... the ride is so much better with the new 3.0 Fox shocks. I’ve said this a few times before on here - if you can, go test drive the 18 and 19 back to back. First, ensure the tire pressures are set correctly and then go drive over a speed bump at 30 MPH. This little exercise will clearly indicate why the new shocks are far superior. In the 19 you will ask yourself - did I just hit a speed bump? ;)

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First let me say thanks for the many threads and knowledge on the board. I’ve been lurking for a week or so just reading and trying to learn as much as I can. I initially narrowed my search to an 18 or 19 802A. The first one I found in NJ sold before I could set up financing. The 2nd one I located which I think was the 2nd best deal, a 2019 802A with moonroof and carbon fiber is in NC but the dealership is terrible.

Has anyone ever dealt with Fred Anderson Toyota in Sanford? My credit union has waited 2 days for them to send the purchase order over. I called all day and nobody answers or responds to messages. I’m off on my 3rd quest and this ones in Boston. It’s an 18 and mirrors the 19.

I’m here for opinions to those that have more knowledge than me.

I really wanted the 2019 in NC. Is there much difference between the 18 & 19? The 19 lists for 59k plus $4,600 in taxes and fees plus $600 delivery fee. 13k miles.

2018 lists for 55K and has everything the 19 has and only 1k more miles.

What say you?

Thanks, and oh yeah, TLDR sorry not sorry.

I have actually been to the dealership in Sanford as I live close to there and am searching for a '19 myself. That truck immediately smelled of smoke when I opened the door. It wasn't super strong and in your face, but it was noticeable. I asked about this and the response was:

"Well, we had it cleaned..? It shouldn't smell like smoke at all"

Overall they dealer did not seem too professional as when I brought it up to the sales manager who asked why I wasn't going to test drive it, the sales person and the sales manager wanted to debate about why the smoke smell was in the car instead of just acknowledge it was there.

Perhaps it the smell could be removed with ozone, but I really don't like the smell of smoke at all at it would always bug me. For what it's worth, the outside and undercarriage was pretty clean.

OP
OP
Gotti006

Gotti006

Reaction score
I have actually been to the dealership in Sanford as I live close to there and am searching for a '19 myself. That truck immediately smelled of smoke when I opened the door. It wasn't super strong and in your face, but it was noticeable. I asked about this and the response was:

"Well, we had it cleaned..? It shouldn't smell like smoke at all"

Overall they dealer did not seem too professional as when I brought it up to the sales manager who asked why I wasn't going to test drive it, the sales person and the sales manager wanted to debate about why the smoke smell was in the car instead of just acknowledge it was there.

Perhaps it the smell could be removed with ozone, but I really don't like the smell of smoke at all at it would always bug me. For what it's worth, the outside and undercarriage was pretty clean.

Thanks for sharing. I ended up finding one today that’s immaculate in Connecticut. The sales manager texted me today apologizing and asking me to call him so we could get the deal done. I responded with a picture of the salesman and I in front of my new purchase with the words, “No thanks, I’m good.”

93FC61EA-9810-42FA-BD88-E2A774B50B4F.jpeg

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I ended up finding one today that’s immaculate in Connecticut. The sales manager texted me today apologizing and asking me to call him so we could get the deal done. I responded with a picture of the salesman and I in front of my new purchase with the words, “No thanks, I’m good.”

View attachment 145563

What is that emblem on the front door?

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who slows down to 30mph for a speed bump in a Raptor?

J/K ! ! ! !
LOL I was trying to be nice to the stealership. (Shame on me, I know)

In all seriousness, I love driving over the speed bumps at full speed in my community. DAHOA put these monster humps in our 25 MPH community requiring most cars to slow down to 10 MPHs or risk ripping everything out from underneath your car. The best is when a Dodge, **** or Chevy truck is following me and thinks they can go over at the same speed.
:chewie:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 145563

Congrats!

What size are those wheels? Maybe it’s just the picture, but the offset looks way off, like tires are sticking out way past the fender wells