New Member - 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KevGT40

KevGT40

Reaction score
What does wool wax do? Never heard of it.

Nice truck BTW.

Wool Wax is a lanolin/woolgrease product. Like fluid film. It is for preventing rust inside panels and on the underside/frame. It requires yearly application.

There are a few youtube videos that show trucks that have nearly no rust after 6 years of use, however it is a little messy. Better than rust though.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
We bought a 2010 w/ 177k, same color and cab as yours. It came from Illinois, has a little bit of rust on the pinch welds underneath, nothing visible unless you're on your back looking up from underneath. I remember someone using POR 15 on a hotrod they were restoring. I'd like to treat it with something, doesn't need any cutting on yet.

OP
OP
KevGT40

KevGT40

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, EH!

Thanks for adopting this great Jen Juan!
#OneLessprius

Lol, it does feel like an adoption! Being a first model year, I figure it deserves to be treated right from here on out. I might only summer drive it.

OP
OP
KevGT40

KevGT40

Reaction score
We bought a 2010 w/ 177k, same color and cab as yours. It came from Illinois, has a little bit of rust on the pinch welds underneath, nothing visible unless you're on your back looking up from underneath. I remember someone using POR 15 on a hotrod they were restoring. I'd like to treat it with something, doesn't need any cutting on yet.

Nice, I really like this colour scheme. Do you have the digital mud splash as well?

After watching Born in Baja, I still smile when I look at it.

The best thing would be to pull off the tape, blow the rockers out real good, and use fluid film or Wool Wax. When you blow the rockers out, the big holes are for the inside rocker. You need to blow out at the pinch weld to clean out the outer rocker.

POR 15 won't be able to trap the rust as the rust will be in the pinch weld.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Nice, I really like this colour scheme. Do you have the digital mud splash as well?

After watching Born in Baja, I still smile when I look at it.

The best thing would be to pull off the tape, blow the rockers out real good, and use fluid film or Wool Wax. When you blow the rockers out, the big holes are for the inside rocker. You need to blow out at the pinch weld to clean out the outer rocker.

POR 15 won't be able to trap the rust as the rust will be in the pinch weld.

So, just blow out the holes? No need to treat? Yes, it has the graphics. If my '22 ever gets built, I may get similar stickers for it.

Attachments

• 2010raptor.jpg
    2010raptor.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
KevGT40

KevGT40

Reaction score
So, just blow out the holes? No need to treat? Yes, it has the graphics. If my '22 ever gets built, I may get similar stickers for it.

Nice truck! Do you know if the 6.2L emblem came on the 2010? Or if it was added later.

I would 100% treat the rockers once you blow them out.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score