New Member - 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been poking around the forum for a while and decided it was time to check-in.

I picked up a high mileage 2010 6.2L late in the summer at an auction. Paid the equivalent of 11.2K USD for it.

So far I've changed all the fluids including a total flush of the coolant system, as it had green coolant in it. Mechanically it is sound, no issues on the hour drive to get it home.

View attachment 335912

And before anyone asks, yes it needs rockers. If there is an interest, I can post myself struggling through the process.

Kevin
I'm getting mine done real soon. A friend of mine that does auto body is doing it as a side job plus fix anything under the bed to make it look like a brand new truck again for 6 grand. It took him a while but he was able to find rocker patch kit from Ford. Si I didn't have to buy the entire unisides. Mine aren't that bad as I maintained those areas pretty well. Im just doing it before the inner rockers get attacked. If they do then costs go up

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right around 200k miles.

Figure it went to auction because of the rust and a CEL. It was a broken wire to the charcoal canister and cost me $0 to fix. I ordered replacement rockers from Mill Supply. They look like quality pieces.

View attachment 335931View attachment 335932

View attachment 335933View attachment 335934

Drivers side rocker. I had started cutting away the rocker to see if there was any good metal left. I wanted to see if I could patch or would replace the entire rocker. After opening it up a bit, I decided to replace the entire rocker. I plan on keeping the truck and not cut any corners. Also I can get rid of any rust on the inner rocker, and once it is back together, wool wax the **** out of it for the rest of its life.

View attachment 335935

Passenger side. I might paint over it and replace it next winter. In Manitoba to pass safety inspection before registering, you can't have any rust holes.

The rockers will take me awhile. I`m an amateur at body work.
No rust holes to register it?? Haha my first car had rust holes big enough to stuff a full-grown beaver into. No offense I just like beavers haha, and Canadians!

Awesome deal and an awesome project you got!! I'm definitely interested in seeing the saga, that driver's side is quite a ways past just a rat rod patina heh. Good luck!!

OP
OP
KevGT40

KevGT40

Reaction score
I'm getting mine done real soon. A friend of mine that does auto body is doing it as a side job plus fix anything under the bed to make it look like a brand new truck again for 6 grand. It took him a while but he was able to find rocker patch kit from Ford. Si I didn't have to buy the entire unisides. Mine aren't that bad as I maintained those areas pretty well. Im just doing it before the inner rockers get attacked. If they do then costs go up

6K sounds like a lot. However the other day I spent 6 hours just getting the bed bolts out. After snapping my torx bit, I welded nuts onto them. Got 3 out that way, the other 3 broke the metal clips, so had grind/cut them out.

Add in fender flare clips, paint primer etc. etc. It adds up.

Sucks you have to replace them even though you maintained them.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6K sounds like a lot. However the other day I spent 6 hours just getting the bed bolts out. After snapping my torx bit, I welded nuts onto them. Got 3 out that way, the other 3 broke the metal clips, so had grind/cut them out.

Add in fender flare clips, paint primer etc. etc. It adds up.

Sucks you have to replace them even though you maintained them.
I don't have to replace them. I noticed some blistering at the bottom of them. Most people wouldn't do it if there's looked like mine. But I have the cash now to do it so I'm starting to Restore my Gen 1 Beast. Has alot of milage but I love it so much that I just can't let it go. I rather put 25 grand into it which is what I'm going to do than buy new. This now going to be my weekend toy for the rest of my life then hand down to my Son some day