New Member - 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevGT40

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been poking around the forum for a while and decided it was time to check-in.

I picked up a high mileage 2010 6.2L late in the summer at an auction. Paid the equivalent of 11.2K USD for it.

So far I've changed all the fluids including a total flush of the coolant system, as it had green coolant in it. Mechanically it is sound, no issues on the hour drive to get it home.

20211003_084305_HDR.jpg

And before anyone asks, yes it needs rockers. If there is an interest, I can post myself struggling through the process.

Kevin

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on a beautiful gen 1!! You're darn right we want pictures of you struggling, cursing and happy working on your baby. Post some pics of the rust, we've seen worse, so don't be shy! And another Canadian 'eh.

OP
OP
KevGT40

KevGT40

Reaction score
Right around 200k miles.

Figure it went to auction because of the rust and a CEL. It was a broken wire to the charcoal canister and cost me $0 to fix. I ordered replacement rockers from Mill Supply. They look like quality pieces.

Message_1640295616285.jpgMessage_1640295677113.jpg

20220106_204737.jpg20220106_204749.jpg

Drivers side rocker. I had started cutting away the rocker to see if there was any good metal left. I wanted to see if I could patch or would replace the entire rocker. After opening it up a bit, I decided to replace the entire rocker. I plan on keeping the truck and not cut any corners. Also I can get rid of any rust on the inner rocker, and once it is back together, wool wax the **** out of it for the rest of its life.

20220106_204836.jpg

Passenger side. I might paint over it and replace it next winter. In Manitoba to pass safety inspection before registering, you can't have any rust holes.

The rockers will take me awhile. I`m an amateur at body work.

OP
OP
KevGT40

KevGT40

Reaction score
Welcome! $11k sounds like a good deal. What’s the mileage?
The truck came from Alberta, bought at auction in Saskatchewan, now trying to license in Manitoba.

I think someone from the rigs had it because it has a cell phone booster in it and the frame is full of dust. I mean tons of dust everywhere.