New Melling Performance Oil Pump Coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Using the higher pressure spring (not the red one). My cousin is doing all of this work, so I don't know exact hours, but he started a week ago. It's taking a while, but there's no rush either.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll wait till I need to replace the longblock before doing this...
Once done, are you installing an actual oil preassure gauge. Id like to know what psi you actually see.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll wait till I need to replace the longblock before doing this...
Once done, are you installing an actual oil preassure gauge. Id like to know what psi you actually see.

Well, I installed the sandwich plate for the sending unit, but I haven't actually worked out my gauge situation yet - other than the extra Tranny and Boost I already have. I'm plotting that out, since I'd also like an air/fuel gauge and possibly a few others. Stitch is that the Raptor has wideband O2 sensors, so I can just get that through an ODB2 type monitor - which would also give me oil pressure from the stock system.

Bottom line, dunno yet. Considering that Edge unit.

I can tell you I just ordered another $500 worth of parts to deal with just because I'm there. New O2 sensors, basic O-ring stuff, new power steering line that was leaking, water pump, thermostat, etc etc. It's a very good time to find stuff that needs to be addressed since you are already pulling it all apart. Also did all of the timing components.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Air fuel ratio gauge is something you don't need, the PCM will always keep it at 14.1
And if it's not, the PCM will reduce power by removing timing and fuel even go into limp mode.

A volt meter is something to consider!!!

D

Deleted member 17706

Well, I installed the sandwich plate for the sending unit, but I haven't actually worked out my gauge situation yet - other than the extra Tranny and Boost I already have. I'm plotting that out, since I'd also like an air/fuel gauge and possibly a few others. Stitch is that the Raptor has wideband O2 sensors, so I can just get that through an ODB2 type monitor - which would also give me oil pressure from the stock system.

Bottom line, dunno yet. Considering that Edge unit.

I can tell you I just ordered another $500 worth of parts to deal with just because I'm there. New O2 sensors, basic O-ring stuff, new power steering line that was leaking, water pump, thermostat, etc etc. It's a very good time to find stuff that needs to be addressed since you are already pulling it all apart. Also did all of the timing components.

How many miles you got on it?

D

Deleted member 17706

About 85,000. So admittedly some of this is a little premature, but the labor is basically free at this point since you have to remove/reinstall the same stuff. Might as well. Pretty minor costs in the scheme of this project.

I think that is wise on your part. I am all for preventive maintenance. I will probably do something similar when I take my truck to JDM.

When you changed the timing components, did you change the timing chain? If so, any signs of wear? I would think it would be in good shape with regular oil changes. Lol I happened to get in a conversation with a Raptor shop about how much it would cost to replace one, and they said around $2500 because of the labor.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm considering something like this:
https://edgeproducts.com/shop/insight-cts2

To be honest, an Android phone with Torque Pro App is better and way cheaper.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...-android-and-bluetooth-obd2.13742/#post204974

You can add more live PIDs

This one has the fan mod.
While it's set to 175 it still goes up because I don't have it set to 100% both fans at 175.
It took me quite a while to convince the Tuner to do it, plus since I have a 2010 1/2 edible files need to be written.
Not many Tuners have files for the 2010 1/2 Raptor with the 6.2L

Last edited:

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that is wise on your part. I am all for preventive maintenance. I will probably do something similar when I take my truck to JDM.

When you changed the timing components, did you change the timing chain? If so, any signs of wear? I would think it would be in good shape with regular oil changes. Lol I happened to get in a conversation with a Raptor shop about how much it would cost to replace one, and they said around $2500 because of the labor.
Yes. It was in decent shape, but to your point, the cost of the chain that has to come off anyway versus doing it later when it's needed is huge.