New load range D tires, pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on some Nitto Trail Grappler MT, because I need mud tires for my lifestyle. These are same size as stock but load range D. Being that they are going to be a stiffer sidewall should I go up or down on pressure, compared to what I'd run with the stock KO2s? Discount tire initially set them at 44 psi.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the maximum pressure rating as marked on the tire ?
I think your already over that.

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the maximum pressure rating as marked on the tire ?
I think your already over that.

Thats a good question, and I'll go find out in a little while. But I did drop it down to 40/36 (cold) on day one with the new tires.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always found the Nitto/Toyo MT to feel a bit stiff and aired them down to get the feel and wear I like.
Last set I had, I believe I was 34/32 to get a happy place.

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a long day at the beach today and a long trip there and back. Plenty of time to play with tire pressures. Seems like 34/32 rode really nice on the highway...but I still might up it to 36/34 to prevent premature treadwear. IDK

On the beach sand I went down to 28/26 warm and it rode well enough but I think I'd still go lower next time.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run my Toyo RT Load Range D tires at 35/33 Cold and I have been real happy with the ride quality. Like you, I started out at a higher psi and worked my way down over a period of time. They usually go up to 40/38 when they heat up, but I think that is normal for all tires.