New Leather Armrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SPYC-2X

SPYC-2X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the leather an exact match to the existing interior?

Not in my opinion. As a matter of fact, my wife and I both agreed that the leather on the console appears to be a higher quality than the OEM leather of the seats. It is softer and more supple, but the color and stitching is spot on.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! I've been interested in this but I'm wondering how the leather will hold up there? Especially that you say the leather is softer...softer is nice, just curious of the nice soft leather will crack like the seat bottoms do on the edges. And with the oils from your skin and all the dirt, grease, and mud I sometimes have on my elbows when I'm working on something, will it stain?

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade tho. Looks amazing! My last truck had a tougher (I think it was fake leather/vinyl) and that held up really well, so maybe it'll hold up well. I'd be curious to hear in a couple months how it's holding up.

Thanks for the write up!

OP
OP
SPYC-2X

SPYC-2X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jay9722 - the color of the leather and stitching appear to be an exact match to me.

LekRap - happy to report back on the long-term durability. I expect the leather to be very durable, but maybe Raptor Embroidery can speak better to that...???

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Close, but not exact. The leather used on the seats is covered and sealed to protect it, which might account for the difference.

ene6ube9.jpg

Gilligan

Reaction score
If you hold the armrest right up against your seats when you get it you'll see it isn't a perfect match, but once installed it's nothing noticeable.

I'm pleased with how well my embroidered cover has held up. About 15,000miles and no issues at all. I'd recommend it to everyone.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Jay9722 - the color of the leather and stitching appear to be an exact match to me.

LekRap - happy to report back on the long-term durability. I expect the leather to be very durable, but maybe Raptor Embroidery can speak better to that...???

Lasting awesome. I don't think the seats are actual leather, but the console covers I make definitely are. They do vary slightly. Some match better than others. But anything looks better than the factory rubber cover

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's where I get the leather console covers, visor covers and gauge cluster covers. I embroider them then install them. I wonder why they are charging that much?

For leather and padding only I would only charge $70 if you send your lid to me

Hey RE, can you add extra padding to the console cover to make it thicker?

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Hey RE, can you add extra padding to the console cover to make it thicker?

Yes sir, its one of the options. 1/2" is included with every install 1" is an upgrade. I haven't done 1" in a while, let me go find the price.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep a good leather conditioner on your console armrest to extend the life. I did this in the Captain's chairs in my old truck and only had 1 tiny crack (1/4") after 6 years, 80K miles. And this was on a Titan and Nissan is notorious for their poor quality "leather."