New Key Fob Case!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some questions...does your new keyfob still work in terms of being detected to unlock doors by touch and start up the truck, or do you lose that?

Also, can you rearrange the button locations? Can you replace buttons with blanks, if you didn't want have an unlock button for some reason? Can you add buttons to control something other than truck, like unlike your house or something? Trying to find a reason why this could be useful.

You're just transferring the board over from the current one, so you're not changing any circuitry. You don't lose any functionality. It does come with blanks for the fobs that wouldn't have those buttons, but if you push the blank one it would still work as the buttons are on the circuit board itself.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the side by side pic - before that it seemed like the new case was larger than the OEM. The main thing that i really dislike is that you essentially have to kill the OEM FOB to do this... I mean, if my fob was totally jacked up anyway, this could be a good idea. Until then...

OP
OP
screaminfast

screaminfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the side by side pic - before that it seemed like the new case was larger than the OEM. The main thing that i really dislike is that you essentially have to kill the OEM FOB to do this... I mean, if my fob was totally jacked up anyway, this could be a good idea. Until then...

For sure. That's why I grabbed an extra fob, so in the end for about $100, I have a 3rd fob and a cool case.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AJT got his start with the Toyota 4x4 community and has really branched out with his offerings. I've had a few of his cases through the years and always enjoyed them. My last one was the cement gray color that looked great and i liked the slimmer but more industrial look.

Thanks for sharing.