new issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
damn, first NO employee discount, then my client (Ford dealer, owner) only will give me 1500$ of 2011 supercrew, my buddy in Virginia (Ford fleet sales) will sell me one for 500$ over invoice !! cannot buy from anyone BUT my client, BUT he is 3000K more in price......

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
damn, first NO employee discount, then my client (Ford dealer, owner) only will give me 1500$ of 2011 supercrew, my buddy in Virginia (Ford fleet sales) will sell me one for 500$ over invoice !! cannot buy from anyone BUT my client, BUT he is 3000K more in price......

why do you HAVE to buy from your "client". do you really HAVE to or would it just be complicated if you didn't? just explain to the guy what you just said...any reasonable person who has ever bought anything should understand the concept of "cheaper" lol. maybe ask him to come down at least closer and if it means paying 500-1000 more to save face...then sometimes it's worth it. sometimes we just can't control everything in our lives i guess.

OP
OP
warrior

warrior

Reaction score
why do you HAVE to buy from your "client". do you really HAVE to or would it just be complicated if you didn't? just explain to the guy what you just said...any reasonable person who has ever bought anything should understand the concept of "cheaper" lol. maybe ask him to come down at least closer and if it means paying 500-1000 more to save face...then sometimes it's worth it. sometimes we just can't control everything in our lives i guess.

first, this guy (Ford dealer) pays me 900$ @month for my services, and I dont give him a discount !! I plan on having this conversation with him, maybe getting closer to the invoice deal......

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
first, this guy (Ford dealer) pays me 900$ @month for my services, and I dont give him a discount !! I plan on having this conversation with him, maybe getting closer to the invoice deal......

yeah but don't cut him a $100/mo deal to save $50 a month :D.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
tell him you have a friend that wants to sell you one at $500 over invoice but you would rather buy from him because he has been sooo good to you...leave the ball in his court.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
tell him you have a friend that wants to sell you one at $500 over invoice but you would rather buy from him because he has been sooo good to you...leave the ball in his court.

Good plan. Will he dislike you if you decided to go with the other guy?

OP
OP
warrior

warrior

Reaction score
Good plan. Will he dislike you if you decided to go with the other guy?

Uh, yes, he will quit being my client..... he is very protective of his brand, bust's my chops all the time about my Dodge.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just explain the situation you're in with the other option being so much lower, tell him how much you value his business, tell him you need a good deal but also wanna buy from him due to your relationship and ask him to help you out. It's worth a shot. That's what I would do... help him see your situation from your perspective. If he still won't play ball, then I wouldmsuggest doing the math to figure out how many extra weeks worth of work towards his business alone it would take you to earn the extra cheese.... That number should help you come to the right value decision if you get to that point. Just my .02

OP
OP
warrior

warrior

Reaction score
Just explain the situation you're in with the other option being so much lower, tell him how much you value his business, tell him you need a good deal but also wanna buy from him due to your relationship and ask him to help you out. It's worth a shot. That's what I would do... help him see your situation from your perspective. If he still won't play ball, then I wouldmsuggest doing the math to figure out how many extra weeks worth of work towards his business alone it would take you to earn the extra cheese.... That number should help you come to the right value decision if you get to that point. Just my .02

thanks Bo, thats what I plan to do, I figure his $$ is about a 25% discount for my fees for 1 yr.