NEW Infrared Night Vision Raptor Light kits now available from SPVParts.com (drive in the dark)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good lord those goggles in that video were horrible
They were.. lol. They were Cheap Ebay goggles... lol. But they were at least night vision goggles. Funny story, someone called recently asking where to get goggles like the video. He said he was trying to used "Welders Goggles" with the IR lights.... At first I thought he was joking... I mean welders goggles are like extreme sunglasses... LOL.. but he truly thought that welders goggles would work. Not making fun of anyone. It all good fun. Something to make us all chuckle... ;-)

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience in Iraq driving (actually riding shotgun) in a HMMWV on NVGs was not terribly entertaining. It's very very focus-intensive. Granted, this may be different. But when I see the headline "Drive in the dark with NVGs!" I think "Oh gawd...."

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My experience in Iraq driving (actually riding shotgun) in a HMMWV on NVGs was not terribly entertaining. It's very very focus-intensive. Granted, this may be different. But when I see the headline "Drive in the dark with NVGs!" I think "Oh gawd...."
LOL, yeah, not optimal.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It becomes second nature after a while. I have logged about 900 hrs on goggles this far. I was able to trial some next gen white phosphorus tubes last week....jaw dropping.
Ha, yeah I've probably got less than 40 hours, and that on ANPVS-7Bs, so I'm not the most up to date source.