NEW Infrared Night Vision Raptor Light kits now available from SPVParts.com (drive in the dark)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parappa The Rapta

Reaction score
I think you should be able to do the same thing minus shooting through goggles by using a standard video camera with night vision. Cool idea, I'd like to see it packaged with some sort of hud camera combo.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get to feel like a Apache gunship pilot wearing some NVG's while driving...think about it...turn off ALL your lights an go total Stealth mode.... ha..ha..

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why not just use a flir camera? i have had this on my truck for years. i think with goggles, you are going to bang the goggles and your head against the window if you try to look around

tmp_19757-IMG_20160719_211402289-1701122568.jpg

mattio

Reaction score
googles quality enough to see while driving are not cheap... I've walked through the woods with ****** NVGs and while trees and obstacles are easy to depict and avoid, the depth perception was horrible. like step over a log and the ground looks like its level but you actually step into a hole and twist you ankle lol. Not to mention, the moon puts out plenty of light for NVGs to work, yes plenty for you to drive without lights on, you don't need infrared cube lights... maybe they appeal to a nitch market however I can't see a need or use for them.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
googles quality enough to see while driving are not cheap... I've walked through the woods with ****** NVGs and while trees and obstacles are easy to depict and avoid, the depth perception was horrible. like step over a log and the ground looks like its level but you actually step into a hole and twist you ankle lol. Not to mention, the moon puts out plenty of light for NVGs to work, yes plenty for you to drive without lights on, you don't need infrared cube lights... maybe they appeal to a nitch market however I can't see a need or use for them.

The good NVG’s will let you pick up more detail, at more distance and with better focus, but, you’re still dependent upon natural light for seeing and if you’re on a cloudy night, it’s not as brilliant as you can think. Some decent IR light down range helps with seeing where you’re going.

You’re correct that you can drive with NVG’s and no aux light in full moonlight or partly cloudy sky, but if you’re out in the sticks where there is little ambient light, aux lighting does help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free