New Info On 21’ Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the obvious ones are the onboard generator and MPG. My C63 gets under 9mpg most times and the last thing I want to be worried about when I am in the of nowhere is how quickly I am running out of fuel. Not to mention the instant throttle response a hybrid system will give you.

Idk I just dont see the need of a predator motor to be the better truck when compared to a TRX.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the obvious ones are the onboard generator and MPG. My C63 gets under 9mpg most times and the last thing I want to be worried about when I am in the of nowhere is how quickly I am running out of fuel. Not to mention the instant throttle response a hybrid system will give you.

Idk I just dont see the need of a predator motor to be the better truck when compared to a TRX.
What year is your C63. I had a P31 coupe a few years back. Awesome cars, loved the Rumble of that big V8.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Often times, a well designed NA V8 (and especially if it has cylinder deactivation) in the 5.0 - 6.0L category will obtain better fuel economy with similar output numbers to this 3.5L EcoBoost without the added complexity of turbo chargers, and often times be more durable. These EcoBoost engines are neither terrible, nor amazingly great. Once you get into any sort of boost, your fuel economy really tanks.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I tend to agree with this, but so much is speculation at this point. I've been wanting to get to a dealership to maybe get a test drive or something of powerboost to get a better idea. At the very least, I want to get a look at the new interiors.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your C63. I had a P31 coupe a few years back. Awesome cars, loved the Rumble of that big V8.
2012 ..... yes I love the way it sounds with my MHP headers. Honestly though I dont drive it much and I am looking into getting something you suggested

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this, but so much is speculation at this point. I've been wanting to get to a dealership to maybe get a test drive or something of powerboost to get a better idea. At the very least, I want to get a look at the new interiors.
The new interior is extremely nice and I can't say the trx is better any longer. Regarding the powerboost motor I look at it like this, we the power it makes in the regular F150 imagine what Ford will do with it when applied to their performance oriented specialty vehicle.

I just feel like there is more positive things going for that setup vs a pretador motor.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Often times, a well designed NA V8 (and especially if it has cylinder deactivation) in the 5.0 - 6.0L category will obtain better fuel economy with similar output numbers to this 3.5L EcoBoost without the added complexity of turbo chargers, and often times be more durable. These EcoBoost engines are neither terrible, nor amazingly great. Once you get into any sort of boost, your fuel economy really tanks.
I dont think this applies when comparing a V8 to a hybrid setup.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 ..... yes I love the way it sounds with my MHP headers. Honestly though I dont drive it much and I am looking into getting something you suggested
Mine was a 2013 C63. I had the Eurocharged tune making around 550 HP. The sound was incredible and it was quick.

Are you looking at getting into a McLaren or GTR?

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was a 2013 C63. I had the Eurocharged tune making around 550 HP. The sound was incredible and it was quick.

Are you looking at getting into a McLaren or GTR?
I went with an O.E tune as they were local to me in socal at the time, I will PM you about the other as I dont want to derail the tread