New Info On 21’ Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
How so... because I am not saying the 3.5 Raptor engine is incredible???

No, I am not crazy about it.

I wouldn't call the EcoPoop in the Raptor (easy folks, I've called it that for YEARS) crappy or incredible. To me it's somewhere in the middle. It put's out a lot of power, and the fuel economy is considerably better than the 2012 Ram Power Wagon it replaced. That said, the 12 year old in me would love to see a 700+ HP Version. Why, because again I'm 12 years old at heart.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call the EcoPoop in the Raptor (easy folks, I've called it that for YEARS) crappy or incredible. To me it's somewhere in the middle. It put's out a lot of power, and the fuel economy is considerably better than the 2012 Ram Power Wagon it replaced. That said, the 12 year old in me would love to see a 700+ HP Version. Why, because again I'm 12 years old at heart.
Exactly!

I am a high performance car guy. I like horsepower! I’m not going to apologize for that. I really want to see a beautiful 700+ horsepower GEN 3 raptor!

Last edited:

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion. But when you start making ridiculous statements claiming it’s “underpowered” and “garbage” and cant make over 500HP, you sound ignorant and lose all credibility.

We get it...obviously you’d prefer a $100,000 Gen 3 with a 700HP Predator...but that doesn’t take anything away from the current truck.
I never said the Raptor is garbage. I love the Raptor, that is why I daily drive one. I said I am not crazy for the 3.5 TT. If we could make 600 WHP out of the current set up I would be very happy.

From what we see it is generally 450 WHP or less on the stock snails with a tune. That to me is not impressive.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why did you buy an off road truck? So you can complain about street performance? Go drive some dirt trails at 100 mph if you want to see what you’re missing.
We did lots of trail riding last summer. Fun indeed. That has nothing to do with wanting more HP.

Go buy a McLaren and see what you are missing.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me its powerboost or I'm out. I love the idea of a predator motor but there is FAR more upside to having a powerboost motor.