new icon 3.0 coilover / shock setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got ICON 3.0's up front with Icon leaf springs and Stock Fox in the rear on a 2012. i love the ride of the Icons. im going to upgrade to 3.0's in the back soon. Good choice, OP.

thanks man, i never thought i would upgrade the fox shocks when i bought the truck, but i guess there will be these top companies that will always be making stuff on a whole nother level with many upgrades compared to the stock provided suspension. ive always been a happy camper with icon ever since i started using them, they have been my favorite. the stock front was wayyyy to soft, and it sucks that it has no adjustability. on these icons i am running the fronts on full soft and no sway bar and it still handles very well , and ****** roads feel like new roads now lol.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious why the icons over fox or king?

I’m impatiently waiting to upgrade.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as he mentioned ive had experience with icon and love the brand , i was actually stuck on if i should try the new fox setup or icon, but hearing the fox raised the cost on their system and werent available for another month i just went with what i had experience with in the past, honestly i feel this is how the raptor should have come from the factory lol. lets you adjust the dampening and compression, as well as height adjustments on the go. this is by far the most expensive icon setup ive had and also my favorite and best to. i cant compare to the new fox, but maybe i can hook up with a friend here locally that has the new fox installed and ride in each others trucks and see if we feel a difference, in my opinion, i think icon and fox are the top shelf items, so there wont be much of a difference between them , you wont go wrong with either way you go, pick a color you like more and go with that lol.

Slaughterhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have deaver +3 on the truck, i dont think icons would be better or noticeably better but i dont know the differences to be honest.

Gotcha. I have read a few people that switched from Deavers to the RXT leaf springs and they liked them a lot more. More than likely it is all subjective.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I have read a few people that switched from Deavers to the RXT leaf springs and they liked them a lot more. More than likely it is all subjective.

not sure what the rxt are but the deavers seem to be good, i havent done much off road with them so i havent put them to the full test yet. but im hearing positive things on the icon leafs , may be one of my upgrades that i would have to swap my deavers with. currently building my gtr that through a rod to a big build so all my money is going there for now, after its done il consider the icon leafs :)