new icon 3.0 coilover / shock setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i finally just decided to change my shocks to icon stage 2 kit, i already have the uca installed, and i really dont like the stiffness of the geiser springs in the front so i just decided to change them all out to icon to have the feel i want on and off road, with full adjustability. here are some photos, i should have them installed tomorrow to give feedback. special thanks to @Rick@FreedomMotorsports for the good discount and hook up on them, has helped me again and again with the parts i have needed for the truck. im blown away at the size of these monsters and top qaulity , very happy with just how the look.

my questions are if anyone knows here, what does the H and S mean ? on the rear shocks, theres one for rebound and 2 for compression adjustments. it didnt come with intructions on how to use these adjustments so if anyone knows let me know. the front res only has one adjustment that starts with S which i assume is soft, and end with H which im guessing is Hard lol. and the numbers in between are the levels from soft to hard. will have to play around with it to see how it feels on softer settings for street and speed bump road setting.front res control .jpg icon 3.0 rear shocks.jpg icon front coilovers 3.0.jpg icon rear shocks.jpg rear shock comp control.jpg

coder

Reaction score
I agree with you it looks like S is for "Soft" H is for "Hard", 2 is the softest 9 is the hardest setting ICON is a phone call away if you want to confirm for sure.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i found some info on it for the older raptor but same design as these, similar to what rick pmed me, but with more details of how it works and what its set at from the factory setting. so i think i understand it , just have to play with it to confirm how it works after their on. never had these features on the previous icon suspension on other trucks so this is new to me.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

@M3sparky, first off thank you very much for your order. I sent you another PM with more detailed instructions on the chart and recommended settings for you to get your Raptor dialed in. Please check because I hope that all your questions should be answered. For reference I will post the chart also in your thread.
Thanks again!

upload_2019-1-15_22-40-57.png

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious why the icons over fox or king?

I’m impatiently waiting to upgrade.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Curious why the icons over fox or king?

I’m impatiently waiting to upgrade.[emoji23]

Fox increased their price from $2999.99 to $3399.99, so a $800 price increase for a set. And wholesale cost went up to reflect it too. I was able to save him money even though ICON is roughly the same price due to some promotions I was able to take advantage of. Availability can have a factor for most too. He can answer but he had ICON on his previous vehicles so was familiar with the brand. We sell all brands but from a reseller's perspective, we have the best support from ICON too.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is its installed last night. im blown away at the differnce , from geisers. ive used icon on gmc and tacoma trucks but this kit is on a whole nother level with adjustability features, and all. no more rattling my teeth trying to go throguh speed bumps at speed and running over the parking lot concreete deviders its like they are not even there, im super happy i went this route, after being spectical and asking others i coudlnt make up my mind but, for those that can afford it , its my favorite mod along with the tune of course from mpt lol. the e50 tune rocks! let me know if you have any questions guys, i did not have to make any heigh adjustments from the box they were both at 43 inches, but after riding a little today and yesterday the fronts settled in to be half an inch lower and i did not touch the adjustable spacer that you can crank up to get more lift so far it came with half an inch of thread showing and after it settled in over the day of driving its now half an inch shorter than the rears. if it sags more than il crank it up a bit more.

77545.jpeg

77551.jpeg 77553.jpeg

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see you have the extended travel rear shocks...something I thought would work pretty good...I believe ICON was talking about 16" of travel with Deavers....

chipw

Reaction score
Ive got ICON 3.0's up front with Icon leaf springs and Stock Fox in the rear on a 2012. i love the ride of the Icons. im going to upgrade to 3.0's in the back soon. Good choice, OP.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you have the extended travel rear shocks...something I thought would work pretty good...I believe ICON was talking about 16" of travel with Deavers....

sweet i didnt know that, they had a long list of items that were better than the stock shocks. i have yet to test their travel somewhere. finally dialed in the three settings on the rears today for street driving and it feels good. thanks for the heads up on that :)