New hood graphics install Monday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jules Martin

Reaction score
I just removed mine on my 2014 a couple days ago. Got a few bad spots in it pealing up and was full of tiny cracks if you looked close. I waited for a hot sunny day here in Texas last week and attempted it and while it would start to peal easy... I would only get a tiny peice about size of a finger nail before it would break and have to start again. Would have taken many many hours of cursing and frustration. I ordered a couple of these wizzy wheels and used my 18v Makita drill and had it done in about an hour. Used first wheel up and bit of second, so glad I orderd two. No paint damage and paint looks same as all around where decal was.

Attachments

• PXL_20220909_192508830.jpg
    PXL_20220909_192508830.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 15

Smilodon

Reaction score
Our hood decal is looking a bit rough too. We're gonna get rid of all the damned billboards. A Raptor doesn't need all this "look at me" shit! They look so much better without all that black crap on them. There is a twin to ours around here w/out, looks sooo much better. To each is own.....

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our hood decal is looking a bit rough too. We're gonna get rid of all the damned billboards. A Raptor doesn't need all this "look at me" shit! They look so much better without all that black crap on them. There is a twin to ours around here w/out, looks sooo much better. To each is own.....

The hood graphic actually helps cut down on glare over the hood from A-pillar mounted lights a lot, especially in dusty/snowy conditions. The huge splash bed graphic is a different story though, that one I think is a bit overkill. That's why I went with something more along the lines of the Gen 2 and Gen 3 trucks.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking of changing mine out again. Right now mine is matte black background, beige letters, and matte gray SVT letters. Thinking of going matte black background, beige Raptor letters, and gloss red SVT letters. The matte black background helps cut down on light glare on the hood, the beige letters would match the body color, and the gloss red SVT letters would match the vent and interior letters. I could also go matte gray on the Raptor letters so that it matches the rest of the badging.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered my new hood graphic as well. Matte black background, beige Raptor lettering, and gloss red SVT lettering. I have the beige FORD grille letters and the gloss red fender vent SVT letter inserts, so those will match nicely. Also, my bed graphics will be matte black too.