New hood graphics install Monday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would also like to know about this. My hood decal has seen better days. I may leave it naked for awhile and see how I like it. Heat gun or take it off on a hot sunny day.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Bit of heat with a hair dryer or heat gun on low(heat gun can damage paint if not careful) and take your time peeling it off, we use plastic blades to help peel vinyl up. then time to remove the left behind glue. Some solvent or goo gone works on the glue. You can also buff if needed, and wax the area to protect it until they put the new one on.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just use a hair dryer to heat it a bit and start peeling it from the corner. Once you get ahold of enough of it they come off without too much effort. Goo Gone is awesome for removing the adhesive without damaging the paint. Usually after that's all cleaned up you can lightly buff it to clean up the edges where it used to be and prepare the hood for the new one. I removed my old one and installed my new one from Rocky Mountain Graphics.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's where mine came from, it has a few cracks and peeling in one spot, so that's there I'm going good to attack it..if the sun will come out...it goes Monday morning to get done, so Sunday I'll remove it. They are cleaning and doing all that ,they just said remove it and save 150 bucks...no problem lol

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would also like to know about this. My hood decal has seen better days. I may leave it naked for awhile and see how I like it. Heat gun or take it off on a hot sunny day.
+1, mine's been needing replacement for a while now, thinking sitting in the summer sun is going to make it plenty warm enough.

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting the new one.
I have bedside graphics, would like to have hood stuff added too if I ever get down the list that far

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's where mine came from, it has a few cracks and peeling in one spot, so that's there I'm going good to attack it..if the sun will come out...it goes Monday morning to get done, so Sunday I'll remove it. They are cleaning and doing all that ,they just said remove it and save 150 bucks...no problem lol
Yea, definitely remove it yourself for that kind of savings. Removing it is the easy part, installing the new one and getting it lined up correctly is the hard part. lol