new here but why pay over sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damian

Reaction score
im new here and i am a salesman my question is why is everyone paying over sticker when there are so many other dealerships doing sticker or like me selling most at $1000 below sticker

TimBee

Reaction score
Inertia. The shift towards below MSRP is more recent with the introduction of the 2019 model year and is starting to spread. It appears the norm is still over MSRP out west, I’m guessing, due to supply and demand. Don’t believe many people east of the Mississippi are paying above MSRP. But, what do I know

FirstTruck

Reaction score
I'm from CA and just bought a 19 from NY. I got a deal for below sticker, but the shipping fee is eating up my savings.

All of the dealers in CA I've been in contact during my search still had ADM.

skerzz

Reaction score
Dealers in Arizona are still @ MSRP +++ on their 2019 trucks. I was told by local AZ dealers that they have been purchasing their stock from out of state dealers at a few K over MSRP (not sure how true this is). I ultimately expanded my search nation wide and found an awesome dealer in Louisiana that was willing to sell their 2019 trucks at $6K under MSRP. My brother is negotiating with dealers in Minnesota that are willing to discount even further (last i head was $6,850 under MSRP). It made my decision to buy out of state very easy. If the savings were only a few grand, would have purchased locally. But how could I pass up $10K+ in savings?

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers in Arizona are still @ MSRP +++ on their 2019 trucks. I was told by local AZ dealers that they have been purchasing their stock from out of state dealers at a few K over MSRP (not sure how true this is). I ultimately expanded my search nation wide and found an awesome dealer in Louisiana that was willing to sell their 2019 trucks at $6K under MSRP. My brother is negotiating with dealers in Minnesota that are willing to discount even further (last i head was $6,850 under MSRP). It made my decision to buy out of state very easy. If the savings were only a few grand, would have purchased locally. But how could I pass up $10K+ in savings?
Did you try Sanderson Ford? They sell at MSRP.

jcolombotos

Reaction score
I picked up by 2019 for 1000 over MSRP At Capitol Ford in San Jose late December dealer up in Chico was also near MSRP but not the color I wanted.
Dealership and I believe it was Bakersfield Had a couple 2018’s but I decided that I want at the Live valve suspension.
Dealership up in Marin wanted 10,000 over for a 2018, just ridiculous.
Needed the truck, it was local I was OK for paying a little extra for the convenience.

Seems now msrp Is the normfrom what I could tell. I have no doubt people are even doing better with some legwork.

With all that said sure miss my 2011 raptor LOL

Ray Bones

Reaction score
What kills us in California is the stupid emissions crap on all new vehicles - most from out of state aren’t California certified. If they are used we can bring them in after bring registered elsewhere for 6 months.

skerzz

Reaction score
Did you try Sanderson Ford? They sell at MSRP.

I didn't try Sanderson. After talking to Camelback Ford, Peroria Ford, Autonation Scottsdale, and Chapman and getting prices over MSRP or only slight discounts on 2018 models, I began looking out of state. Had a dealer in ID at $1,500 under MSRP on a 2019 then I stumbled upon the dealer in LA willing go to $6K under and I immediately pulled the trigger and didn't look back. Just got a call from my salesman and he mentioned they are pulling together a deal for a FRF member that saw my post.