NEW GUY - Aaron’s 2019 802a - First Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
#OneLessprius!
As you can see, the inner wheel wells were painted. It looks like basically flat black; not a rhino lining material. How should I touch it up, sand the chipping spots and spray over them? What product?
Rustoleum flat black. Repeat as needed. Bonus points for their bed liner material.
Also as you can see, this exhaust tip is stained and looks like it is basically changing color. Suggestions on touching this up?
Rustoleum or krylon flat black?
The day you put any work into it and paint it, is the day before you drag the pipes coming out of a whoop.

OP
OP
aaron1085

aaron1085

Reaction score
Makes total sense, thank you for the paint insight. And the husky liners, I do love me some weather techs but the Husky’s in my wife’s car are pretty nice as well!

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man! Glad you were able to bring this Raptor home! My exhaust tips are starting to look similar to yours, I'm gonna try painting them as well.

I bought my Raptor about 3 months ago and I thought about getting an extended warranty, but after spending some time here I decided to just use that money as my mod budget lol. Just last week I got Deaver Springs installed and everyone is right - totally improves the feel of the truck. Next on my list is Goosetune.

OP
OP
aaron1085

aaron1085

Reaction score
Welcome! That’s a beautiful Raptor with some nice mods. The wheel wells are normally the same color as the cab and bed paint. Just do the Husky liners as mentioned. They are pretty cheaply priced and go in fairly easily with some man handling. I like them on my truck. Not familiar with that piggyback tuner. Berger JB4 is a good piggyback and Cobb/Goosetuned is a good way to go for a flash tune. Or just run stock.

Enjoy it.

Any pictures of the husky liners you guys like in your trucks?

OP
OP
aaron1085

aaron1085

Reaction score
@Wilbur - when are you touching up your tips?

Need to swing myself down to Walmart and get some sand paper and paint. Sorry, question from the kid in the back, what kind of sand paper?

DrGrant

Reaction score
Congrats. Just got a 2019 a few days ago myself. Mine is bone stock and 9k miles. How do you like the sound of the Borla exhaust?

DrGrant

Reaction score
Ya congrats. Wow 9k. One oil change in 2+ years? Borla was my 2nd option. I went with AWE but both are good.
Uhhh, you would think so, but it started life in Canada, drove to ~5k, got an oil change, got traded in, dealer changed oil, went to auction, dealer that purchased did 10k service including oil change, transferred to dealer I purchased from, they changed oil and inspected. 4 oil changes in the last 4k miles, 3 of which were in the last 250 miles…