New Gen2 Owner in Socal, Having a Few Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey there Raptor Forum!

Picked up a CPO 17 Raptor two weeks ago from a dealer in Orange County Ca and my excitement when leaving the dealership has quickly turned to frustration.

Although it's 2 hours away from where I live, I knew leaving the dealership that I would need to go back to get a 2nd key programmed. So I brought the truck in on Wednesday and they programmed the key, all was good until Friday when I went to drive the truck again and the battery was dead.

After jumping the truck and getting it back on I noticed the Sync system looked different. The layout was totally different and many of the features were missing (Nav was gone, Camera's didn't work, AC info wasn't displaying temps or fan speed) and it looked like it was showing features for a totally different vehicle (there is a charge settings menu option that has an image of a car and shows an electric motor and EV charging info). Pics attached.

I don't know how to get the Sync system that is supposed to be on the truck back! I master reset the Sync system but that didn't work, I went into diagnostic mode and that didn't work, I saw online that disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and reconnecting could bring it back but that also didn't work.

Has anyone ran into this issue and is there a way to self resolve this without having to take it in to Ford? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

-J

Attachments

• IMG_2435.jpeg
    IMG_2435.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2434.jpeg
    IMG_2434.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2433.jpeg
    IMG_2433.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 34

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. Wow never seen that before! Looks like a PHEV firmware went in place of the Raptors. Maybe the APIM comes pre loaded with various vehicles. I’d say you may have done all you can do, outside of running Forscan on the truck and it allowing you to reload the truck. But this may be a dealer trip it looks like. Good luck and once you get things fixed, I think you will enjoy the truck. Send pics of the truck once you get back on the road.

@FordTechOne any ideas he can try otherwise?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, sounds like you need a dealer to install the factory program, it should be covered under warranty, since you just bought the truck. My guess, if you haven't done anything to the truck since owning it for 2 weeks, is the dealer tech screwed up. But i always listen to Fordtechone first, lol.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yes, that has the hallmarks of someone messing around with FORSCAN and /or applying a bootleg sync update incorrectly. You will probably need to have the sync module reprogrammed to factory settings from the “as built” list. The service dept. you bought it from should be able to do this.

OP
OP
j_satellitefactory
Reaction score
*Update*

I ended up taking the truck into the closest Ford dealer and they cleared some codes, replaced the APIM and battery. The Sync system is back to normal now and the USB port/Carplay now work. Luckily i spoke to the dealer I bought it from and they have agreed to reimburse me for the warranty deducible and battery cost.

I picked up the truck last night and before I left the dealer I noticed what I think was a trim piece on the left side of the dash between the steering column and AC vent was missing. It was close to closing and the service advisor said there was no one around to check if the piece was left in the back so he came out and took a picture of it and said they'd call me tomorrow.

I've tried calling the dealer and left a message but no one has called me back yet. Does anyone know what goes here? I have the carbon package so I'm hoping this isn't supposed to be piece of carbon but looking at pics online I don't think these holes should be there right?IMG_2444.jpg

OP
OP
j_satellitefactory
Reaction score
@NanuRaptor Thanks for confirming I'm not missing any carbon.

I do feel like I'm losing my mind a bit though. I noticed the holes immediately when I picked up the truck so I can not fathom how I could have not seen them when I bought the truck 2 weeks earlier.