New Gen2 owner here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aurik

Reaction score
So I went ahead and pulled the trigger today. There was a (used-car) dealer near me with a 2018 Lightning Blue SuperCrew, 802A with Moonroof. The miles were pretty high, but it test drove great, and I didn't hear/see any major issues with it, the CarFax was clean and showed maintenance at the regular intervals. The dealer was asking $53k and offered $2.5k for my well-used 2011 Hyundai Elantra (with 155k miles, way more than I expected for it). I was able to talk him down to $52.5k for the Raptor, and up to $3k for the trade-in. The finance manager put me in a 75 month note at 3.99%, but I'll be paying that off as soon as I get the payment information -- I was going to pay cash for it, but he knocked $1k off to finance through them. My only issue is that it has a soft roll-up tonneau cover that I don't really care for (which I'll end up replacing with a hard folding one), there is quite a bit of wear on the steering wheel at the top, and it's going to be due for tires sooner rather than later. However, these are all addressed easily enough or something I can live with -- my plan is to have a crapton of fun with this, until I trade it in on a Raptor-R which I'm waitlisted on. And for the price I got it at, I shouldn't be looking at much (if any) depreciation.

Here's the mini-me being his usual goofy self in front of it.

We've got a family vacation coming up next month where we're headed to Colorado Springs and southwest Colorado, and I'm thinking we may add a trip to Great Sand Dunes National Park while we're out there.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How high are the miles? If you’re only keeping it this year you should be completely clear of depreciation and only out the cost of maintenance. In fact the new tires will probably make you more back than they cost lol.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hear you. I bought mine in September 2019 and have put under 7k on mine. It’s worth 5-7k more than I paid for it right now.

OP
OP
Aurik

Aurik

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. You’ll enjoy it. Did the truck come with two keys?
It only came with one key. I asked for them to provide a second; they couldn’t so they gave me a $300 allowance for that. I’ll take it to the nearby dealer and see if they can get me another key and deprogram the other one.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've got a family vacation coming up next month where we're headed to Colorado Springs and southwest Colorado, and I'm thinking we may add a trip to Great Sand Dunes National Park while we're out there.
Congrats, good looking truck! I suggest checking out Gold Camp Road if you are in the Colorado Springs area. The entrance to the trail is on the back side of the Broadmoor Resort. It's more of a dirt road really than an offroad trail but the views are spectacular. If you go on a weekday morning the traffic should be light enough you can pick the speed up and have some fun. Unfortunately it is starting to attract some riff-raff which is a shame. If you get started in the morning you should avoid most of that too.