New GEN 3 Spy Shots with Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately this year isnt normal. Ford is starting production for the 2021 Mustang in January, when they should of been out by now. the 2021 Mustang Mach 1 isnt coming out till the Spring, then the 2021 Bronco probably wont come out till late Spring, then in a few months the "2022" would be out.

Exactly. All of the things you mention indicate that Ford's plate is not only full, but overflowing. Introducing yet another new vehicle on top of all that would be nuts. It would also reek of desperation to compete with the TRX, which isn't the ideal way to position the product. Taking the high ground and ignoring Fiat sends a much stronger message. It could happen, sure. But I could win the lottery with a ticket I pick up off the sidewalk, too.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This truck is still out on the proving grounds. Almost looks a late ‘21 release as a ‘22 model.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This truck is still out on the proving grounds. Almost looks a late ‘21 release as a ‘22 model.

I would bet on this scenario. K223 is one of the smartest people he knows.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. All of the things you mention indicate that Ford's plate is not only full, but overflowing. Introducing yet another new vehicle on top of all that would be nuts. It would also reek of desperation to compete with the TRX, which isn't the ideal way to position the product. Taking the high ground and ignoring Fiat sends a much stronger message. It could happen, sure. But I could win the lottery with a ticket I pick up off the sidewalk, too.

I disagree with the bolded part. Primarily, you're assuming that the next Raptor will entirely be a response to the TRX, and we already have strong rumors that that is at least partially not the case. No one is thinking Gen 3 will be entirely supercharged V8s, it will have the option of a V6 TT hybrid. In fact there is greater chance for the hybrid than V8, I think it's safe to say, particular at first release of Gen 3. I can't imagine the hybrid version wasn't in the works long before TRX was announced. It's not a response to the Gen 3 so much as natural progression of Raptor generations.

I think Ford's full plate is a better argument, and even if the can produce that many new models in a short period of time, does it maximize profits to do so? Perhaps not. However, Ford has an opportunity to appear very dominate next summer with all the new models. Maybe they feel adding in a new Raptor as well only furthers that dominance and strengthens the brand from years to come. Not sure.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Primarily, you're assuming that the next Raptor will entirely be a response to the TRX...

You're misreading me entirely. I'm assuming that the next Raptor will not be an "answer to the TRX". And I really hope I'm right. Blown V8s are singing their swan song right now. Might as well let Fiat go down with that ship. My point was that a rush to introduce the new Raptor early would be seen by the market as a desperation response to the TRX, and that was a bad thing from a marketing standpoint because it would make Ford look worried and therefore the TRX must be darned good, right? As to dominating next summer, you could be right, but then there would be a drought of new models the year after. Nothing to stoke the fire. That would be a marketing mistake.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're misreading me entirely. I'm assuming that the next Raptor will not be an "answer to the TRX". And I really hope I'm right. Blown V8s are singing their swan song right now. Might as well let Fiat go down with that ship. My point was that a rush to introduce the new Raptor early would be seen by the market as a desperation response to the TRX, and that was a bad thing from a marketing standpoint because it would make Ford look worried and therefore the TRX must be darned good, right?

If the plan was already in place to build a 2021 Raptor before the TRX was announced, then why you you say they released in early? A Ford spokewoman did say there would be a 2021 Raptor right after the 2021 F150 was announced. Are you basically saying it doesn't matter if it's a response to the TRX or not, it will be viewed as if it is?

As to dominating next summer, you could be right, but then there would be a drought of new models the year after. Nothing to stoke the fire. That would be a marketing mistake.

Understood, and that's part of what I was talking about for maximizing profits. And it certainly could be a reason to delay a Raptor release, even if it's 100% ready. However, I think the Bronco and perhaps Mach-E will still be bringing them in to the dealerships in 2022. Isn't the all electric F150 slated for 2022? And maybe they have the hybrid Raptor 2021, add V8 Raptor 2022.

Do I want their to be a 2021 Raptor? Kinda. I doubt I will be ready to buy right away, maybe not even till 2023, but I do want to see and do want the price to be down a little by the time I'm ready.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the plan was already in place to build a 2021 Raptor before the TRX was announced, then why you you say they released in early? A Ford spokewoman did say there would be a 2021 Raptor right after the 2021 F150 was announced.

I don't believe it was ever a plan. The "spokeswoman" thing didn't hold up under scrutiny, IIRC.

Are you basically saying it doesn't matter if it's a response to the TRX or not, it will be viewed as if it is?

Yes