New Gen 3 Owner in Kansas City, MO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
khildebr

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on that beautiful truck! I am also a KC raptor dude. Did you happen to get yours at Midway?
Yep, Midway. Back when we bought the ST last year, they were the only dealer that I found who would sell or order an Explorer on X Plan pricing. Everyone else whom I had spoken with was sticker plus an ADM. Even the dealer that we had been going to for vehicle purchases and service since 2009. Midway has seemed up front in all of my dealings with them on both sales and service and have a darned good parts department. Of course there are four things I know where you’ll eventually sour on your business relationship: cable/satellite/streaming provider; cell phone provider; internet provider; and vehicle dealer. However, I’m hoping that this one last for a while.

OP
OP
khildebr

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, lucky find! Congratulations on a Beautiful Raptor. Come to Vegas and we will get you out in the Desert :)
Sounds like a plan. I’ve enjoyed the photos you’ve shared of your trips out into the desert and high country. Maybe we can hit the rocks and sand at the local Starbucks if you think I’m up to it. :D

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. I’ve enjoyed the photos you’ve shared of your trips out into the desert and high country. Maybe we can hit the rocks and sand at the local Starbucks if you think I’m up to it. :D
Sounds Great! The Bucks down the street has some CLASS 4, 1/2 minus Boulders we test out your 4-low, ROCK CRAWL. MAYBE EVEN EARN A TROPHY from FRF like I did! You have to put in the work though…
Later in the year we can meet you down the Trail in TOPEKA. There is a great Bucks off of Wanamaker, south of the freeway, that has some serious Rocks and cow-patties;)83B91E92-1254-458C-A69C-2697E19C4392.jpeg8C99EFEC-94B1-42E8-9C24-AB70262602A4.jpeg578866B7-9BA1-473A-B804-68EDAB70161D.jpegE7708705-53DA-42C1-B217-CC0DD7769C76.jpeg

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Have to say that the folks at Line-X did a nice job with the spray-in bed liner.
View attachment 370979
Looks great, I saw that you ordered a DB lid. You will love it. The Most Secure and Versatile IMHO. Order 4 extra tie-down cleats, you will be very happy that you did, they make it even more user friendly

Thread 'Diamondback Bed Cover & CargoGlide- Detailed Review'
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/diamondback-bed-cover-cargoglide-detailed-review.90935/

OP
OP
khildebr

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, I saw that you ordered a DB lid. You will love it. The Most Secure and Versatile IMHO. Order 4 extra tie-down cleats, you will be very happy that you did, they make it even more user friendly

Thread 'Diamondback Bed Cover & CargoGlide- Detailed Review'
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/diamondback-bed-cover-cargoglide-detailed-review.90935/
That was the thread that convinced me to drop the bucks for it. They just sent a shipping notice. So more fun next week.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
That was the thread that convinced me to drop the bucks for it. They just sent a shipping notice. So more fun next week.
Great folks to deal with. When you install it just take an extra minute to get it situated just right. The key is the center bar that anchors the wings. I watched the the YouTube video on the install about 5x, I’m a slow learner.
My center bar has never been off since install. The only maintenance I preform on it, is going through and tightening everything about every 2 months, just because I’m off-road quite a bit.
After seeing a few guys on here with the builtright bed panels, I picked those up too and really like them