New Gen 3 issue-random window roll down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are 2 service messages for window concerns. Since yours was built after 3-8-21, would qualify under this one, so it should just need a software update.

50701 - 2021 F-150 - Various Mirror, Door Lock, And Window Functions Inoperative​

Some 2021 F-150 vehicles may exhibit various mirror, door lock, and window funct ions/features inoperative. There may also be various diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) present in the driver door module (DDM) and/or passenger door module (PDM). This may be due to the configuration of the DDM and/or the PDM. To correct the condition, download and run the DDM - Driver Door Module (DDM) Configuration and the PDM - Passenger Door Module (PDM) Configuration app using the latest version of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS).

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 2 service messages for window concerns. Since yours was built after 3-8-21, would qualify under this one, so it should just need a software update.

50701 - 2021 F-150 - Various Mirror, Door Lock, And Window Functions Inoperative​

Some 2021 F-150 vehicles may exhibit various mirror, door lock, and window funct ions/features inoperative. There may also be various diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) present in the driver door module (DDM) and/or passenger door module (PDM). This may be due to the configuration of the DDM and/or the PDM. To correct the condition, download and run the DDM - Driver Door Module (DDM) Configuration and the PDM - Passenger Door Module (PDM) Configuration app using the latest version of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS).
You are the man @FordTechOne - always appreciate your assistance.

Thank you!

I wonder if this might become an OTA update like recall 22S17 (trailer brake control)? Just received updated letter from Ford today that the re-program on that one can be done at home via automatic updates.

Again. Thanks!

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GRRRRR - This started again today after disappearing back in summer when I originally commented. I have been to dealer for recall software updates but never mentioned the service bulletins @FordTechOne mentions above.

Anyone have this happen multiple times and/or resolved permanently through the software updates (or through some other method of resolution)?

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GRRRRR - This started again today after disappearing back in summer when I originally commented. I have been to dealer for recall software updates but never mentioned the service bulletins @FordTechOne mentions above.

Anyone have this happen multiple times and/or resolved permanently through the software updates (or through some other method of resolution)?
Just need to recalibrate your window. It's in the manual. Goes something like:

Perform all this within 30 seconds:
1) roll window all the way up and hold button for a few seconds.
2) roll window all the way down and hold button for a few seconds.
3) roll window all the way up and hold button for a few seconds.
4) roll window all the way down and hold button for a few seconds.

Just did this the other day to fix both the 4" issue and to reset my auto up/down window function.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just need to recalibrate your window. It's in the manual. Goes something like:

Perform all this within 30 seconds:
1) roll window all the way up and hold button for a few seconds.
2) roll window all the way down and hold button for a few seconds.
3) roll window all the way up and hold button for a few seconds.
4) roll window all the way down and hold button for a few seconds.

Just did this the other day to fix both the 4" issue and to reset my auto up/down window function.
Yeah, I did that for the auto window roll up not working for passenger side. That resolved it

This steps didn't resolve this issue.

Manual calls it bounce back. Did the steps to bypass and didn't work. Must be the software update @FordTechOne mentioned