New Gen 1 Raptor owner here...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SpeedRaptor

SpeedRaptor

Reaction score
Yes, definitely a molten orange fan! From Southern Ohio here, about 4-5 hours away.

Any plans to get out in the dirt with it?
Yes, I do plan to get dirty with it. Nothing super serious but some trails and roads in the area that are fun. There are miles and miles of great trails near me. Windrock Park is fun and there are other areas nearby that are free. :)

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I prefer faster trails with fewer people, but we have mostly gone to group runs.

If you end up wanting some group runs at motocross style tracks you have a couple options as well that do stuff fairly local to you: Savage Offroad and TORR (TORR also does trail runs that are pretty good). Group down in Florida does some runs too, but that is probably a bit of a haul for you.

Also careful on the “nothing super serious” comment.

I once said “I won’t jump the truck”

OP
OP
SpeedRaptor

SpeedRaptor

Reaction score
I prefer faster trails with fewer people, but we have mostly gone to group runs.

If you end up wanting some group runs at motocross style tracks you have a couple options as well that do stuff fairly local to you: Savage Offroad and TORR (TORR also does trail runs that are pretty good). Group down in Florida does some runs too, but that is probably a bit of a haul for you.

Also careful on the “nothing super serious” comment.

I once said “I won’t jump the truck”
Video of the jump? Sounds fun but I need to get more comfortable with this truck. I had an old Toyota FJ40 before this so there is twice the size to consider. Fun times :)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Video of the jump? Sounds fun but I need to get more comfortable with this truck. I had an old Toyota FJ40 before this so there is twice the size to consider. Fun times :)
See if you can start off on some softer jumps, like at a beach or sand dunes. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get some driver training by watching others on a Raptor Run, etc. I learned by jumping lots of sand dunes and Raptor runs and still caved in my skid plate. You play and you pay remember. These trucks were designed for getting some air though, but you should have a bump stop kit installed in the rear. Lots of fun ahead, even if you don't jump it.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a handful on my phone and a few pictures as well. I’ll try to find a video on YouTube.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to derail your thread, but here is a video from a past outing. I think my truck shows up around 40 seconds

Not sure if that link will work or not.