GEN 1 New Gen 1 owner - What to know?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
So relocate them out of the fender basically ?

correct. Its drains the salt/crap water away from rockers. go in the cab remove rear plastic and reach down in the crevice and find the hose. Mine was stuck to some foam, i unstuck it and fished it out the bottom holes then redirected it through the one in photo. I also took a couple little zip ties to the hose on the sun roof drain part to keep them from falling off. its time consuming since you cant see where the hole for the hose is but its doable.

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful Gen 1. I picked mine up in February with 52k now approaching 65k. I immediately had the underside coated and just recently replaced the rocker tape and rerouted the sunroof drains. Also spend all of Sunday touching up deep scratches and rock chips to fend off body rust. Take care of it and it should take care of you.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous Gen 1. First Gen, best Gen

I have a mint Tux Black 2010 with several mods, 140k miles.

My advice: (and that’s all it is)

1. Fox Shocks rebuild. Look for Hutto, Tx where all they do is Raptor shocks. Got mine, zero issues.

2. Fuse 27 fer sure

3. I’d forego the Whipple and upgrade suspension and exhaust, sounds incredible with Corsa. I’m all for reliability and less on HP. Plenty on the trails trust me.

4. Cover for the bed.

5. Leather armrest mod. Look it up, it’s a thing. So much more comfy.

6. Replace steering wheel alignment stripe to freshen up the wheel. I chose Ford Carbon Blue.

7. Wheels/Tires: would stick with OEM tires and I have Fuel wheels. Love em. Rides like a champ.

Zero issues with my sunroof, AC, motor, nada. Just change the oil (Ford only) and hit the trails!!

Have fun and more pics pls!!
8449D13B-41D6-477C-8886-C66978AC7A2D.jpeg

RaptorSS

Reaction score
I would disconnect your rear window defrost power behind the pass side rear seat, when you turn on the button it won't light up but your heated mirror's will still work, the rear defrost wont work. this will save your rear window from shattereing, which happened to me once. and seems pretty common.