New Gen 1 owner in NorCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Do you have any pics of the truck? We recently had some Prius owners trying to make a name for themselves with 4000lbs less of a vehicle on the forum. I’m sure that isn’t you however.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on your Raptor. Did you get the se version, base model? Any pics to share?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice picture and no, there is not suppose to be any abnormal sounds. Have you checked to see if your iwes are in good working order? If you put the truck in 4h does the sound go away? In 2h the front axles should not be spinning. Do you think it's coming from the rear or not sure? Anyway, check previous mention.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. A late model Gen 1, very nice. Hope you enjoy it. @CoronaRaptor and many others are well versed and own Gen 1’s. They certainly should be able to help you out.

OP
OP
Cliff201

Cliff201

Reaction score
Nice meeting you all! The clunks usually sound like some bushings are bad in the front passenger side, I owned some other old F150s before and it all sounds like something banging from the front. I live in the Bay Area and the roads are horrid, would it be possible that bigger wheels are causing these noises?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice meeting you all! The clunks usually sound like some bushings are bad in the front passenger side, I owned some other old F150s before and it all sounds like something banging from the front. I live in the Bay Area and the roads are horrid, would it be possible that bigger wheels are causing these noises?
I would check the bottom shock bolt, it's suppose to be torqued to just over 400 ft/lbs, if you have a good torque wrench, i would start with the chart below. You can always jack up the front, even one side at a time and shake a wheel to check for suspension play. The shock won't show any play using that technique but the upper and lower control arms may.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is always a possibility of a vacuum leak causing the IWE to engage and disengage leading to a clunk in the front as well. Either that or possibly a worn CV, Good Luck and I like the truck other than it being the inferior color (not Blue Flame Metallic).