New Gen. 1 Owner in Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
How's it holding up to Michigan? When it comes time for shocks I'm thinking about going this route as it seems like the most cost-effective way to bump up to 3.0's.
It’s holding up well. I drove it the first winter but I have it parked this year. There is some slight surface rust starting on the frame/axle components but it is very superficial.

If I could go back, I would do what you’re doing now with the coating. When I bought the truck it was spotless, and it is still VERY clean, but I’m a psycho when it comes to preventing rust in this hell hole.

There are way more qualified people on here when it comes to shocks but my refurbished set on mid-perch are holding up well.

OP
OP
yoopercharged

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s holding up well. I drove it the first winter but I have it parked this year. There is some slight surface rust starting on the frame/axle components but it is very superficial.

If I could go back, I would do what you’re doing now with the coating. When I bought the truck it was spotless, and it is still VERY clean, but I’m a psycho when it comes to preventing rust in this hell hole.

There are way more qualified people on here when it comes to shocks but my refurbished set on mid-perch are holding up well.
I don't have any previous experience with rust-proofing but I've read a lot of promising things so I'm hoping this will keep the corrosion at bay for a couple years at least. I totally get parking it through the winter and am tempted to do the same but I think I am going to sell my current daily Fiesta ST.

Blu21

Reaction score
Bought My 2014 at 77k- ish needed a new radiator around 85k- don’t quote me on that number. Fluke thing was adding radiator fluid for about 2wks as I thought I just had a slow leak in the reservoir before I also needed an oil change and essentially got lucky I only needed a new radiator per mechanic- so if you get an overheated warning, take it in- don’t just keep adding fluid.

Fuse 27 relocation is a do now item.
(Also learned that the hard way)

I had to change a fusearound 80k as my window decided not to roll up once

New tires , spark plugs and general prevention maintenance at 100k, took her up to mid perch to fit 37” ridge grapplers at that time. DO THAT

TO MY KNOWLEDGE previous 2 owners did not do any shock work and I’m at 120k now and haven’t yet either. Would love for someone to speak on this, am I missing something? Or do I actually not need to do anything here like the mechanics keep telling me when I ask them to check the shocks out of my own fear ? Lol

Rear defroster is a lost cause, lots of info on that in these forums.

OH just recently replaced ball bearings with brakes and rotors also at 120k, but that’s just general maintenance per mechanic (I’m pretty clueless on such things)

Congrats!!! Fellow blue raptor owner to another :)