New Gen 1 owner from Vegas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fo96lv

Reaction score
Hey all, I just joined the raptor family and second Ford vehicle purchase.

Current fleet is 2000 Ford Excursion 4x4 v10 and a 2014 SVT Raptor.

I picked it up last weekend with 192k miles for $21k. It came with a stack of maintenance records and from what I could find based on my inspection not a single issue. Whether or not this was a good price, I'm not too worried about it as this thing is just as fun to drive as the TRX I had a few months ago for a significant fraction of the cost.

Not planning to do any mods except for a 5 star tune to dial some stuff in. Unless you all have any suggestions for what I should do to it.

Also I'm not really selling it, but if anyone on here is interested in the camper shelll, feel free to DM me.
20221112_121501 (1).jpg

emerald_nomad - RLTW

Reaction score

I picked it up last weekend with 192k miles for $21k. It came with a stack of maintenance records and from what I could find based on my inspection not a single issue. Whether or not this was a good price, I'm not too worried about it as this thing is just as fun to drive as the TRX I had a few months ago for a significant fraction of the cost.

Not planning to do any mods except for a 5 star tune to dial some stuff in. Unless you all have any suggestions for what I should do to it.

Also I'm not really selling it, but if anyone on here is interested in the camper shelll, feel free to DM me.
View attachment 380301
Welcome to FRF brother!
I wasn’t a fan of the camper shell myself when I first started looking but they’ve grown on me. Good find on all the maintenance record, definitely a plus, but at 192k she’s just warming up lol!
And with owning an excursion I’m sure you’re a preventative maintenance pro!!

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Great find, congratulations and welcome. You will love it.
There are endless trails in, around and near Vegas.
FRF is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

OP
OP
fo96lv

fo96lv

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF brother!
I wasn’t a fan of the camper shell myself when I first started looking but they’ve grown on me. Good find on all the maintenance record, definitely a plus, but at 192k she’s just warming up lol!
And with owning an excursion I’m sure you’re a preventative maintenance pro!!
I wasn't a fan of the shell either, but them I took my dog for a ride in the back of it as he gets a lot of anxiety being inside a car or in the cab of a truck. When I put him in the bed and opened up the rear window he felt right at home, so I may be keeping it a while haha.

After 14 different vehicles I'm most certainly a preventative mainteance pro haha. But this Raptor and Excursion are definitely going to be well taken care of for sure.

OP
OP
fo96lv

fo96lv

Reaction score
Great find, congratulations and welcome. You will love it.
There are endless trails in, around and near Vegas.
FRF is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.
What's your favorite trails in Vegas for the raptor? I typically go to Frenchman mountain behind the water reclamation plant/lake las vegas and the pipeline trails for the high pressure lines that come into Vegas whenever I get a new 4x4. I'm planning to take my nieces to the dry lake bed this weekend hopefully if I can find enough time.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Is this the area you are referring to?
Lots of great trails back there and a stone’s throw from town

105F3B3E-6A24-455A-AF31-237D73626BE6.jpeg

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I use GAIA APP and the Benchmark Road and recreation maps. I like the paper maps for seeing the big picture. I’ve been using them for 30 yrs, before the NAV app’s became popular.
Lake Mead has endless trails as well as all the trails that go to the river on both the NV and AZ side.
PM with your info. I’m kind of sidelined right now, but I try to hit the Trail 3-4 times a week

F50E7570-61BB-4EF8-92C9-81503D33174F.jpeg0BD5D53B-FA02-43D2-ABBF-B9F64856BBF6.jpeg49A6FF67-851F-4C3A-ACE0-D9EEC3C32EAC.jpeg

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 380301
Welcome to the forum!