New Fuel Grabber 35 12.50 17 M/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After running 3 sets of K02's and loving them, I decided to go with a set of Fuel Gripper M/T 35 12.50 17's on stock wheels. I saw them originally on a Jeep Gladiator and loved the look and the sidewall. Ordered them on Amazon and when they came, I was sure I F'd-up going with 35's since they were HUGE putting them beside the K02's. I was almost certain that they would rub, and I would be under there cutting inner fender and modding the pinch welds. But alas, there was absolutely no drama. I am on mid-perch and they fit perfectly without any modification at all. ZERO rubbing. So far with about 150 miles on them, they are smooth and amazingly quiet. Still have some tuning with inflation and not sure if the stock pressure sensors are going to stay operational, but we'll see. As far as mileage....another jury still out but no doubt they are heavier than K02's so I expect some degradation. Will report back periodically on how they do, but so far, I like the performance and look. Haven't been offroad yet so no report on how they dig, or if they chunk here in SW MO, where the ground grows rocks. Thoughts?

Tires (2).jpg

Last edited:

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of them, BFG's tend to run small i.e. the 35 runs closer to a 34, I need to replace the 37s but IDK what to go with yet. They look pretty tame for being a mud terrain, closer to a crossover tire so I imagine they'll have pretty good road manners and depending on how soft the tire compound is they should wear well. The only concern from just looking at them would be their tendency to hydroplane and their cold weather/snow/ice performance.

OP
OP
6gun

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of them, BFG's tend to run small i.e. the 35 runs closer to a 34, I need to replace the 37s but IDK what to go with yet. They look pretty tame for being a mud terrain, closer to a crossover tire so I imagine they'll have pretty good road manners and depending on how soft the tire compound is they should wear well. The only concern from just looking at them would be their tendency to hydroplane and their cold weather/snow/ice performance.
I wondered the same thing about deep rain and snow/ice. I found the BFG's pretty awesome on all but black ice, but then not much are good there except studs. I was shocked at how quiet they are and how compliant the ride is being 12 ply with load range F. All in all, so far, so good.