New from East Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member and new Raptor owner here from the East Texas area. I have owned just about every brand of vehicle there is, but I had never owned a ford truck before. Decided that I loved the way the Gen1 Raptor looked, and finally found one within the price range that I wanted for a second vehicle. It was higher mileage when I picked it up, but it wasn't abused and appeared well maintained.
I just changed ALL of the fluids from the front to the back with the exception of the transmission fluid, not sure what I want to do with that yet.
I also changed the spark plugs, wires, coil packs, power steering pump, resevoir and hoses/lines. Went with MSD on the wires and coils, NGK iridium for the plugs, MSD put some color under the hood. Did the fuse relocation for the fuel pump as well. Added the spicer rear diff cover for looks. Other than that, just cleaning things up and doing maintenance items for now.
, truck.jpg

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys! I forgot to note I swapped out the rusty flowmaster for a SISO Carven R muffler and a y pipe to keep the dual tips.
I have probably reached about 40 vehicles owned in my life so far, so I am no stranger to having to Google common issues on a particular model and refresh them to my standards. It's fun to me, although the spark plugs and PS pump were kind of a PITA to do LOL.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
New member and new Raptor owner here from the East Texas area. I have owned just about every brand of vehicle there is, but I had never owned a ford truck before. Decided that I loved the way the Gen1 Raptor looked, and finally found one within the price range that I wanted for a second vehicle. It was higher mileage when I picked it up, but it wasn't abused and appeared well maintained.
I just changed ALL of the fluids from the front to the back with the exception of the transmission fluid, not sure what I want to do with that yet.
I also changed the spark plugs, wires, coil packs, power steering pump, resevoir and hoses/lines. Went with MSD on the wires and coils, NGK iridium for the plugs, MSD put some color under the hood. Did the fuse relocation for the fuel pump as well. Added the spicer rear diff cover for looks. Other than that, just cleaning things up and doing maintenance items for now.
, View attachment 387032

Sorry to hear you live in Longview. :p

Sort of kidding. I'll be up there this weekend visiting family.