New Fox 2.5s and Geiser springs on the way. Anything else I need or should be ordering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfinn

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my original shocks have the full 115k that the truck has on them for mileage (I'm the 3rd owner and previous guy wasn't sure). The fronts are leaking and it was time to freshen things up. I got 4 new 2.5s coming from Rock Auto and a set of Geiser springs on the way. I'll be placing an order for some Deavers soon here as well. My plan is to remove the old shocks and keep them for the next time I'm doing this and then get them rebuilt. Anything else I should be ordering or getting ready for installing these new parts?

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my original shocks have the full 115k that the truck has on them for mileage (I'm the 3rd owner and previous guy wasn't sure). The fronts are leaking and it was time to freshen things up. I got 4 new 2.5s coming from Rock Auto and a set of Geiser springs on the way. I'll be placing an order for some Deavers soon here as well. My plan is to remove the old shocks and keep them for the next time I'm doing this and then get them rebuilt. Anything else I should be ordering or getting ready for installing these new parts?
You’ll be way better with that set up and Deavers. A bump kit would be next on my list.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda sucks to tell you now, but the 2017 rear shocks fit just fine on the rear of the truck, and provide significantly detter damping than the 2.5's. Put the Progressives on the lower perch, so it minimizes grenading the seals on the front shocks. not forget to put a new top bushing on as they do get beat up

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda sucks to tell you now, but the 2017 rear shocks fit just fine on the rear of the truck, and provide significantly detter damping than the 2.5's. Put the Progressives on the lower perch, so it minimizes grenading the seals on the front shocks. not forget to put a new top bushing on as they do get beat up
This is true

OP
OP
D

dfinn

Reaction score
Appreciate the info. If I go low perch can I still clear 37" BFG K02s?

When I called Deaver about the leaf springs (I've gotta order a custom pack because I'm running a GFC camper) they asked me if I want to add a 1" lift or not. Any consensus on this? I'm all for a little more clearance but I wasn't sure if there were any downsides to that?

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the info. If I go low perch can I still clear 37" BFG K02s?

When I called Deaver about the leaf springs (I've gotta order a custom pack because I'm running a GFC camper) they asked me if I want to add a 1" lift or not. Any consensus on this? I'm all for a little more clearance but I wasn't sure if there were any downsides to that?
OOF! In tht case you may wanna go up, to my knowledge you cant fit 37's without fenders. Any small amount of offroad and you will be blowing the flares off. This truck has a substantial amount of travel, and it isnt until you really beat on it that it actually shows. At speed the truck rips ****. with the progressives, I was able to hit stuff at double the speed, well, until my seals took a dump on the stock 2.5's. Keep your old ones, have em rebuilt and powdercoated, and keep em! Oh and a thought, make sure you check your wear points, balljoints, bushings, tie rods, cv's. I put new bushings in, balljoints and upper arms at 120 and it felt like a new truck again.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At speed the truck rips ****. with the progressives, I was able to hit stuff at double the speed, well, until my seals took a dump on the stock 2.5's. Keep your old ones, have em rebuilt and powdercoated, and keep em! Oh and a thought, make sure you check your wear points, balljoints, bushings, tie rods, cv's. I put new bushings in, balljoints and upper arms at 120 and it felt like a new truck again.

I'm at 113k and doing a full refresh also. New tophats/shocks up front with geisers (Low Perch) and rebuilt 2.5s are already in the garage waiting to go in. What bushings did you replace and were you particular about what LBJ and UCAs you used?

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Moog uppers, and I went with the Moog lower bushings. Those bushings are these:

They immediately improved the performance of the truck, but they were a total c*nt to put in, i mean, you will be saying every swear word imaginable if you do it solo. Simple control arm removal, but a pain to do. Id say take the arms to a shop and have them do all that. The balljoints, I just did moog as I did Fords prior and they burned out pretty quick.

OP
OP
D

dfinn

Reaction score
Can’t fit 37s without fenders? That doesn’t seem right. Geiser says on their site that with their springs and mid perch it clears 37s. But now I’m a little unsure about going mid if that’s going to cause issues for the shocks?

Also I’ve been told the BFGs run small, not a true 37?

edit: I called Geiser to ask if they knew anything about their springs + mid perch causing seal failure or stressing the shocks and they said not at all.

Last edited:

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mid-perch and either stock or geiser springs is fine... if you off-road it hard at any perch you will wear the seals faster...