New Forum Member and (hopefully) Owner / questions on tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at several 2018 Raptors in my area. Hoping to be a new owner soon. Have a question about tires...

I thought the stock tires were 35" but I read somewhere else that they are 34". Which is it?

One of the raptors I looked at today looked to have a lift or at the very least some leveling, and the tires looked much bigger than Ford's OEM. Any guess as to what tire size is on this pickup and how much leveling they may have had put in? The salesman could not answer any of these questions as he was a Ferrari salesman and knew nothing! LOL

I'm purchasing a truck anticipating driving a lot of miles through a couple states to get to some land hidden deep in backcountry Colorado. Probably several times a year.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Excited for the new truck.

***EDIT***. I was able to see they are 35x12.5 after I zoomed in more on the pictures he sent. I thought 35"s came on the Raptor. These look much bigger (and wider) for some reason. I'm not very knowledgeable with offset.

***EDIT2***. I'm settled. The 20's look nice, and it's nice this truck has lights and tint already on it, but 17" wheel for 35" is for me. Looking for the best ride on both highway and offroad, and need to not make my gas mileage worse.

IMG_3007.jpg IMG_3008.jpg

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Good luck in your search. The Raptors come with 35" tires and 17" rims. That raptor has aftermarket ones on there, which are perfect for mall crawling and Starbucks drive thrus!

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock tires are metric; 315/70/17 which is technically 34.4 inches diameter but almost all tires vary because of differences in manufacturing and tread depth. I have 37” KM3’s and according to BFG they’re actually 36.5”.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smaller rims ride significantly better, and I also noticed a pretty drastic increase in ride quality going from my 35’s to 37’s as there’s much more air cushioning the ride.