NEW Ford Raptor "Dead Pedal" Fabrication!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been sending templates back and forth with "Ultimate Pedals".

Custom Aluminum Vehicle Pedals - ULTIMATE PEDALS

I want the pedal to be stiff and sturdy so that when I'm running I won't break it. I don't have a prototype yet and I would be happy to stop where I am to see what design they come up with.

I was planning on one that sits close to the brake pedal like the big one in this thread, but I didn't like the look of the huge one so I spec'd narrower. I was using the existing stud on the firewall and planning to cut the mat and bolt to the floor. Here in AZ it rarely rains so cutting the mat isn't a huge deal but I'd prefer not to cut. The plastic trim on the footwell side wall sticks out pretty far and it's really flimsy. Maybe a bracket like the one with the mustang pedal that also mounts to the firewall stud would be strong enough to support a larger plate.

Last edited:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We usually like to get confirmation on the specific model we are looking to fit, but if we have to just do the F-150 that would certainly be easier. Are you guys sure there wouldn't be any difference?

2009-2014 F-150 has the same cab/pedals as all Raptors if that helps mocking them and/or selling them. I would like to see it mounted on the fire wall AND the side wall so that you can remove the liner easily.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a flag boy in grade school. i still shutter today when I see the flag hanging in the rain. The flag came down at the first sign of rain and was folded properly.Old habits die hard and wet flags always trigger a rant.

I do really want a dead pedal that would slip under the weather techs. the foot well in the raptor is very wide so i am not sure the wider pedal would be a bad idea. So lets look were our feet actually sit before condemning the wider idea.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in for a full set but not if I have to cut my Husky X-act's.

And NO on the flag idea. Only people I know that deliberatley put their feet on the flag are not friendly...

Last edited:

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the original wicked performance sized pedal, because I think it would keep you sitting straighter in the seat all the time. If that ends up being too wide, the wider one that Java posted is the way to go. The pedal from the z is too small I think

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

On second thought I think the wide original pedal design is best. I don't really want my foot under the e brake pedal during some hard off roading.

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have had that discussion with the principle at my daughter's school as well. They NEVER take the flag down and she tried to tell me that they didn't have to take it down in the rain, etc because of the "illuminated" flag pole. The last time I had a heated discussion with her was because the flag out in front of the school had turned gray with mildew and I even ordered a new flag for them. She still showed attitude because I was "telling her her job" etc.

WOW an educator who refuses to be educated. She should be ashamed of her self for not wanting to learn how to do things properly. I'm thinking you should call her boss and let them know that your upset that daughter's principle is refusing to LEARN how to do things correctly.

I'd type more but I don't want to get worked up anymore. :yuno:

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted the one from the z to show how it attached on the side. The ebrake does not get in the way at all with any of the designs.

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW an educator who refuses to be educated. She should be ashamed of her self for not wanting to learn how to do things properly. I'm thinking you should call her boss and let them know that your upset that daughter's principle is refusing to LEARN how to do things correctly.

I'd type more but I don't want to get worked up anymore. :yuno:

Isn't that the way of most folks in "positions of authority" anymore though? Whether they be teachers, doctors, politicians, whatever the case may be. They get some education under their belts, get a position of at least some authority because of their "job" and then take on the attitude that they are above reproach.

As for the size of the pedal, I know that in some of my older trucks, there was a sort of dead pedal there from the factory that were smaller like that and as a result, my foot would slip off at times. But especially considering that I wear boots most of the time, I would want the pedal to be wide enough to truly be secure and stable considering that the soles of boots are normally harder and less forgiving than sneakers, etc.