NEW Ford Raptor "Dead Pedal" Fabrication!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is how one of the guys from the Z did it with a pedal from a 90's mustang. Personally, I think it is too small. I think you would be making a mistake by not anchoring it to the floor. If you are running hard you are going to want some real meat in that pedal

Attachments

• deadpedal.jpg
    deadpedal.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having the pedal more narrow than the Wicked pedal worked for me. I can stretch my foot out when I want.

Here is how one of the guys from the Z did it with a pedal from a 90's mustang. Personally, I think it is too small.

The first one here looks like it would be the perfect size, not too big so as to get in the way of going from the dead pedal to the brake pedal, while also allowing for not having to leave your foot on it all the time. But the second one seems way to small to me, not enough "pad" for the foot to rest on it without slipping off the side. For me personally, I know how my back reacts to sudden jerking I can foresee with my foot slipping off of the second one in certain driving conditions.

I have to agree about the first one pictured earlier in the thread being a good bit too wide, it seems like it would be as much of a hassle as a benefit.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still get upset with people that fly the flag like they are patriotic, but who don't take it down in bad weather. The "Law" about that states that if it is a lighted flag pole they don't have to, but I am of the opinion that that part of the law was put there for the lazy people that just don't want to take it down in bad weather.

Thanks for the work on the dead pedal, I will definitely be ordering one.

While I agree with your sentiment, to offer further clarity as I'm a bit of a Flag Code nerd..

USC 36 Chapter 10 §174 (a) covers flying the flag at night and specifically states: "It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness."

Subsection (c) addresses inclement weather and specifically states that the only requirement to fly a flag in inclement weather is an all weather flag. "The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all weather flag is displayed."

Thanks again for your efforts with this project.

~BGM

OP
OP
Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have had that discussion with the principle at my daughter's school as well. They NEVER take the flag down and she tried to tell me that they didn't have to take it down in the rain, etc because of the "illuminated" flag pole. The last time I had a heated discussion with her was because the flag out in front of the school had turned gray with mildew and I even ordered a new flag for them. She still showed attitude because I was "telling her her job" etc.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I'm not a fan of cutting my weather tech mats either I like the floater idea.. Also the first pic on here is way too big for a dead pedal I'd do it between the first Pic and the one from the Z!