New Fog Lights need OPINIONS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just bought a Set of Baja S2's from SPV PARTS and wanted to know where to Mount the Amber Lights? Should i have them on the outside mounting location or inside? I drive a lot of winding country roads.

**Side Note** I drive with Fogs on Constantly at night

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wide cornering (if thats their lens) i put on the outside, if theyre sport they shouldnt be too bad on all the time to other traffic if pointed somewhat down

OP
OP
MDRAPTR

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wide cornering (if thats their lens) i put on the outside, if theyre sport they shouldnt be too bad on all the time to other traffic if pointed somewhat down
Awesome thanks Both Pairs are wide cornering so I was more asking in terms of Amber vs White?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amber helps cuts through fog/rain/dust better than white, but white helps differentiate things better at distance, so not really a difference where you mount them if using the stock gen 3 locations. If the outer ones point out more to the side id say white on outside and amber on inside

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my white ones towards the outside and are always on. I have the amber set towards the inside and are wired to the Aux1 outfitter switch. I've had them that way for a while and like the look and function.

OP
OP
MDRAPTR

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my white ones towards the outside and are always on. I have the amber set towards the inside and are wired to the Aux1 outfitter switch. I've had them that way for a while and like the look and function.
I think thats where Im headed. Use the Aux 1 when I need the Amber for Fog/Rain/Snow

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the exact opposite. I have my wide cornering/yellow lense in place of factory fogs. The aux switch set are spot beam for further reach which I'd only run on backroads. I will say definitely aim the fogs some down, even with the wider cornering lenses there is a lot of light bleed upwards. The S2 Pro's are SIGNIFICANTLY brighter than OEM as in just with one pair of S2 Pros on it's easily 2x the output of the factory setups with all fogs and aux ones on.

IMG_3864.jpegIMG_3867.jpegIMG_3866.jpeg

OP
OP
MDRAPTR

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the exact opposite. I have my wide cornering/yellow lense in place of factory fogs. The aux switch set are spot beam for further reach which I'd only run on backroads. I will say definitely aim the fogs some down, even with the wider cornering lenses there is a lot of light bleed upwards. The S2 Pro's are SIGNIFICANTLY brighter than OEM as in just with one pair of S2 Pros on it's easily 2x the output of the factory setups with all fogs and aux ones on.

View attachment 396750View attachment 396751View attachment 396752
Awesome…looking good.