New F150 on order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
I was seriously considering the Raptor and got a lot of information on this forum. Unfortunately reading the posts and insults from Mamula really turned me away from reading fro a while. After test drinking one (alone without a salesman) I really thought that it was what I wanted; however, I factored in all my needs and ordered a 2019 King Ranch with every option. I am trading in my 2018 Expedition Platinum as after getting out of an F150 Platinumfor an Explorer Sport and then the Expedition I need a truck but not one as big as the Raptor.

I still love the Raptor as it is the best riding truck I ever drove. The seats are even better than the my GT350. Team just did not need a truly pure off road vehicle.

Thanks for all the great posts that stayed on subject and the great advice from everyone

Dan Thomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand, didn't think I wanted an offroad truck myself beings I don't really have time to take it off road hell let alone drive it much, But I ordered one anyway, after picking it up I have to say I really like this truck. I traded in my daily driver 2016 F150 FX4 4x4 loaded, went the other way when I ordered my Raptor plain Jane only with remote start, graphics and lockers. But it is a blast to drive even on the road. had it off road a couple time on a friends farm and it gets better off road..But I agree they are not for everyone.

OP
OP
D

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
Took my expedition platinum in for service. The dealer is a close personal friend and I have purchased many vehicles from him. I am fortunate that I get to test drive any vehicle I am interested in. The last two vehicles I tested were a GT500 and a GT350 which I bought at the time. Nine of them had a salesman or anyone else in the vehicles as I do not hit rod them or abuse them so I keep their trust. I just do not want the Raptor as it truthfully does not fit my needs. Thought about the Limited but hate the hood lettering

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Took my expedition platinum in for service. The dealer is a close personal friend and I have purchased many vehicles from him. I am fortunate that I get to test drive any vehicle I am interested in. The last two vehicles I tested were a GT500 and a GT350 which I bought at the time. Nine of them had a salesman or anyone else in the vehicles as I do not hit rod them or abuse them so I keep their trust. I just do not want the Raptor as it truthfully does not fit my needs. Thought about the Limited but hate the hood lettering
So the GT350 fit your "needs" at some point, but the Raptor does not fit them now? Got it.

Needs are a funny thing, rarely applied to either vehicle.

OP
OP
D

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
So the GT350 fit your "needs" at some point, but the Raptor does not fit them now? Got it.

Needs are a funny thing, rarely applied to either vehicle.

Good point but the 350 replaced the 500 and I had an F150 Platinum also. Now just want one vehicle to deal with personally.

Reaction score
I was seriously considering the Raptor and got a lot of information on this forum. Unfortunately reading the posts and insults from Mamula really turned me away from reading fro a while. After test drinking one (alone without a salesman) I really thought that it was what I wanted; however, I factored in all my needs and ordered a 2019 King Ranch with every option. I am trading in my 2018 Expedition Platinum as after getting out of an F150 Platinumfor an Explorer Sport and then the Expedition I need a truck but not one as big as the Raptor.

I still love the Raptor as it is the best riding truck I ever drove. The seats are even better than the my GT350. Team just did not need a truly pure off road vehicle.

Thanks for all the great posts that stayed on subject and the great advice from everyone
Mamula seems to be on an extended vacation from this forum...thank god!

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Expedition Platinum and F-150 Limited were at the top of my list. I was vaguely interested in the Raptor, but figured since I didn't off road, I really didn't want it. The more time I spent at my dealer sitting in all 3 choices, the Raptor moved to the top of the list. I talked about it a few times with my salesman and had some concern because I couldn't get X plan on the Raptor. After a couple of months of thinking things over, I bought the Raptor and so far, no regrets.