New delivery, no walk through

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyAA757

Reaction score
I very happily took home my new Avalanche On Friday. Previously had a 19.

It was late, and dealer basically just gave me keys and said “have a good night.” I’ve bought quite a few cars over the years and this was, by far, the least impressive delivery.

Anything I should/need to know? is there a free first service or something? break in period?

thanks!

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I very happily took home my new Avalanche On Friday. Previously had a 19.

It was late, and dealer basically just gave me keys and said “have a good night.” I’ve bought quite a few cars over the years and this was, by far, the least impressive delivery.

Anything I should/need to know? is there a free first service or something? break in period?

thanks!
Sounds like service I've received on AA...but I digress.

Seriously as mentioned read through threads, if you really want them to walk you through everything just call them. Not a biggie.

Oh and congrats--you'll love it.

OP
OP
F

FlyAA757

Reaction score
First couple pics. I am extremely impressed - just a dramatic improvement over Gen 2. Ride is wonderful, transmission buttery smooth and love the look. I was on the fence with Avalanche but very happy with how it turned out. The color stands out in a parking lot and isn’t too blue or white. The dark gray tail and wheels seem to pull it together. I’m also going to add the FP stickers.

The tech is phenomenally improved - love the customization possibilities.

Despite the wait and relatively high price, I do have to admit…worth it!

Attachments

• A690131B-7425-4341-A035-3B5D77FE0092.jpeg
    A690131B-7425-4341-A035-3B5D77FE0092.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 5DD64D3C-6422-4378-B0F4-523BD32BB92D.jpeg
    5DD64D3C-6422-4378-B0F4-523BD32BB92D.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 128

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Whoa! Even the Bunny Sergeant doesn’t use that much tire shine!

A Raptor with too much tire shine is better than the one waiting to be built!

QC has taken a hit for Ford -and every other manufacturer post China virus. Check for fluids on your skid plates, undercarriage and of course the usual places. I think they resolved the rare occasions where we had wire harnesses too close to heat sources - exhaust, near the turbos, etc. but give it a good look over and keep a regular eye on things for the first few hundred miles or so.

Pismobound

Reaction score
Check the sticky thread in this forum for “Things to check after taking delivery.” TONS of great information to check on your new truck. I went through the list at the dealer while my wife took care of all the paperwork. After going through the list, go out and enjoy your truck. They are amazing!

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
dealer basically just gave me keys and said “have a good night.” I’ve bought quite a few cars over the years and this was, by far, the least impressive delivery.
This would be my dream delivery. Allow me to look it over and then just give me the keys. Often, the sales people are so undereducated it is not even funny. You can be 10x more intelligent by spending 10 minutes in the "things to check after delivery" thread.