New color for 2021?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
New here and looking to get into my first Raptor. Inventory is drying up on 2020s so I was waiting to order a 2021 at first allocation, why the feelings 2021 won't have a Raptor? Didn't Ford confirm there would be one?

Thanks
No one really knows. Between Gen 1 and Gen 2 there was a two-year gap of no Raptor. But Gen 2 and Gen 3 (13th and 14th generation of F-150) are extremely similar (they changed doors/fenders/grille/tailgate slightly, but frame and structure are the same....the big change for 2021 F-150 is major interior redesign and hybrid powertrain options).

And then you've got covid sneezing into the whole mix.

Some Ford people say there'll be a 21, some documents say it, others don't.

Could see Ford announcing it tomorrow...same thing as a Gen2 with new interior and adding a little more power with the PowerBoost hybrid system to the Gen2 motor. And maybe adding coil/linked rear-end from prototype.

Could see them announcing it in January and only making a few 21s.

Could see them waiting til 22 and doing Supercharged 5.2L and Turbo 3.5L options.

No one really knows though.

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score
I was at my Ford dealer yesterday talking to the sales manager who is a friend of mine for around 25 years. I asked him if there was a 2021 going to be available. He Has the new colors chart for ordering and hasn’t been told of skipping a year of production. Since orange was available he is going to order some and give me shout when they arrive.