New Chassis package, first impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptized19

Reaction score
Just installed new FOX 3.0 Race Series Live Valve shocks on all four corners, Icon Delta Joint Upper arms, Icon rear leaf springs on the 1" over setting for now, Icon Bump Stops in the rear as well. To finish it off, installed front lockouts and reinforced all four lower control arm tabs. Lastly, reinforced the L/R upper shock mount.
First impression; AMAZING!!! This package is 100% better in every way compared to the OEM Live Valves. After driving on the new package, I wish I would have done this two years ago. Every element on the trails were 100% better. Going fast, tight twisty corners, over medium speed smooth rollers catching a little bit of air, you name it, this thing was amazing.
There was one issue I need to figure out, and maybe some of you guys here can help. My a-arms are rubbing pretty heavily on the return lines of the fox shocks. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Attachments

• 20210821_152515.jpg
    20210821_152515.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 120
  • VideoCapture_20210819-125623.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210819-125623.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 20210819_102527.jpg
    20210819_102527.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 20210819_120010.jpg
    20210819_120010.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 120

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup! Some people have wrapped the lines. Do a search for Fox 3.0 and you should be able to find them... last page or so in the thread it was posted.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed new FOX 3.0 Race Series Live Valve shocks on all four corners, Icon Delta Joint Upper arms, Icon rear leaf springs on the 1" over setting for now, Icon Bump Stops in the rear as well. To finish it off, installed front lockouts and reinforced all four lower control arm tabs. Lastly, reinforced the L/R upper shock mount.
First impression; AMAZING!!! This package is 100% better in every way compared to the OEM Live Valves. After driving on the new package, I wish I would have done this two years ago. Every element on the trails were 100% better. Going fast, tight twisty corners, over medium speed smooth rollers catching a little bit of air, you name it, this thing was amazing.
There was one issue I need to figure out, and maybe some of you guys here can help. My a-arms are rubbing pretty heavily on the return lines of the fox shocks. Does anyone have a fix for this?
basically the same components I'm thinking about. Looks great!

What was your deciding criteria for the UCA and bumps choices? Just curious as I am bogging down on the options and pros/cons of the various leading ones.

OP
OP
R

Raptized19

Reaction score
basically the same components I'm thinking about. Looks great!

What was your deciding criteria for the UCA and bumps choices? Just curious as I am bogging down on the options and pros/cons of the various leading ones.
I was originally thinking SVC, until I started researching the ICON products. I like the upper arms with the Delta joint ball joints. They are serviceable and should be quieter than a uniball. As far as the rear bump stops, again ICON had a real robust and stout bracing system that from my perspective looks like its going to hold up well for years to come. Ive heard stories of guys bending other brands bump stop kits. Take a long look at the ICON rear bump stop system as a whole. Lastly the rear springs. I was thinking Deavers here, but again, I heard ICON gives you options for spring rates. I chose the softest rate for now until I have AHQ build my tire rack. When the time comes, I simply add the extra leaves ICON sent me in their kit. Overall, this system here in Southern Nevada's rough, fast and flat out desert roads, this truck rides like a million bucks compared to the OEM Live Valve Fox's. I can go on and on about the latest times ive been out with this new truck. I couldnt be happier, aside from the initial a-arm and reservoir line rub that I fixed. The new Fox 3.0's are far better than the OEM Fox's, trust me. Hope this helps

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was originally thinking SVC, until I started researching the ICON products. I like the upper arms with the Delta joint ball joints. They are serviceable and should be quieter than a uniball. As far as the rear bump stops, again ICON had a real robust and stout bracing system that from my perspective looks like its going to hold up well for
So helpful, thanks.

The only thing that caught my eye with the Icon UCA was the 'recommendation' to change out the wheels. I am running stock '19 fauxlocks.
  • Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5 w/ 5" BS / 6mm Offset
Looks like you are running the stockers too. Truck looks great btw.

Did you wrap, or realign the hoses, or maybe both?

Thanks again - a lot of $$ to drop and more importantly, need to tie up time to either do it myself or have it done, so real world (not sales) info is very helpful. I am not chasing poser points, I want the function.

OP
OP
R

Raptized19

Reaction score
I did wrap the lines with a modified piece of Non-metallic conduit I cut in half and secured with two stainless steel hose clamps. No more issues. I really feel FOX should look into this issue and come up with a longer length set of hoses.
The ride on road is far better than the OEM Live valves trust me. For around town and on light duty fire roads, I run the manual adjusters for the front shocks on the softest setting and if I need a little firmer ride, I just use the Live Valve electronic settings for a little extra. But overall this was a great purchase although It is very pricey. I too put a lot of thought and took my time pulling the trigger on such a big cost. Hope this helps.